Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
CX_FREEZE Fatal Error – Cannot Get Zipimporter Instance and other critical errors can occur if your Windows operating system is corrupted. Program opening times become slower and response times are delayed. If you run several applications, you may experience failures and blockages. There may be many causes for this error, including excessive boot entries, recording errors, hardware/ RAM memory loss, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations, etc.
How to fix CX_FREEZE Fatal Error:
Start your PC in safe mode under Windows 10
From the settings
- Press the Windows Logo + I key on your keyboard to open the settings. If this does not work, select the Start button, then select Settings.
- Select Update and security > Restoration.
- Under Advanced Start, select Restart Now.
- After restarting your PC on the Choose Option screen, select Troubleshooting > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart. You may be asked to enter your BitLocker recovery key.
If you need to exit the safe mode, simply restart your device, or:
- Press the Windows Logo + R key.
- Type msconfig in the Open field, then select OK.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Under Start Options, clear the Start safely check box.
Deleting other files and folders
This error message indicates that a file is missing in a support part of the installation. Ironically, this can be solved by deleting more files/folders, which prevents the relevant logic from trying to find the missing file.
To do this, delete “%APPLOCALDATA%\Autodesk\webdeploy\meta\streamer”. The most notable negative effect is that you cannot execute the uninstall command for programs and functions in the Control Panel (but this will not work for the moment anyway). After the next update, which is scheduled in a few weeks, it should heal on its own and you will be fully functional again.
If you don’t want to wait, just delete the entire “%APPLOCALDATA%\Autodesk\webdeploy” folder and reinstall it from our website.
Reinstall the game (Steam only)
Damage to the game file is another common cause known to lead to the fatal error CX_Freeze Fatal Error. We were able to find several different incidents where this scenario was applicable.
If you encounter the problem with a Steam game, you may be able to simply solve the problem by uninstalling the application, restarting the Steam client, and then reinstalling it from scratch. Several users concerned reported that they had successfully corrected the fatal error CX_Freeze Fatal Error after completing the following steps.
Here is a short guide to reinstall the game directly from the Steam interface:
- Open the Steam client and select the library from the horizontal menu at the top of the screen.
- Then locate the game that encounters the fatal error CX_Freeze Fatal Error and right-click it in the left menu.
- Then choose Uninstall from the context menu.
- In the last confirmation prompt, click Delete, then wait until the process is complete.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, restart your Steam client, go to Save, then use the search function at the top left of the screen to search for the game you recently uninstalled.
- After reinstalling the game, you will see if you still get the same error message when you try to start it.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.