Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Sticky Notes are very handy when you need to make a quick note or set a reminder to do something later. But sometimes sticky notes can make your life difficult because of various mistakes and mishaps. In this article, we’ll see how sticky notes can solve most of these problems.
Now that you are logged in with your Microsoft account, you can easily close and reopen your sticky notes in Windows 10, but sometimes problems can occur. Here’s what you can do if your sticky notes don’t open again if you close them by accident. It is helpful if you are logged in to your PC with your Microsoft account.
If you have a problem with Sticky Notes (for example, if the Sticky Notes don’t open or stop after a certain amount of time), try these simple solutions, and the problem will be solved fairly quickly.
Reopening Sticky Notes App in Windows 10
If you have closed an open Sticky Notes and wish to reopen it, follow this procedure:
- Open the Sticky Notes application and view your list of notes.
- If you see only one note when you open the application, click or touch the ellipse icon (…) in the upper right corner of the note, and then click or touch Sticky Notes List.
- Scroll through the list of notes or search for your note.
- To reopen a note, type or double-click the note.
- You can also click or touch the ellipse icon (…) and then click or touch Open Note.
- Your list of sticky notes may have disappeared because the application was closed while only one note remained open. So when the application opens again, you will only see one note on your computer screen. Try the following trick to make your list of sticky notes available
- If you see only one note when you open the application, click or touch the ellipsis icon (…) in the upper right corner of the note.
- Click or tap “Note List”.
- Scroll or search for your note in the note list.
Update the Sticky Notes App
Open the Windows Store and click Downloads and Updates.
You can check for new updates and also update all requests with one click. Check if there is an update for sticky notes. I recommend that you keep all applications up to date, as most updates contain patches to correct errors and security holes.
If there is no update, we should move on to the next solution.
Run the Built-in Troubleshooter
Microsoft equips Windows 10 with a troubleshooting tool that can be used to check for irregularities in embedded Windows applications.
- Open Settings and search for Troubleshooting. If the Find and troubleshoot problems with Microsoft Store applications option appears in the drop-down list, select it.
- Click the Advanced option and select Apply repairs automatically.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and see if the problem with sticky notes that don’t work in Windows 10 is resolved or not.
Sticky Notes errors are common on Windows 10 computers. When faced with such annoying problems, don’t get upset. Try the tips presented here to correct the errors without losing data. Sticky Notes is a useful application for all Windows users and saves some notes that you don’t want to lose. That’s why it’s necessary to back up Sticky Notes with free backup software and get data recovery software that offers a double guarantee.
STAFF RECOMMENATION: If you're having issues with your PC, click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.