RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You will know that you have received a message from WhatsApp when a notification is displayed on your screen, and you will review WhatsApp and respond to the message in a timely manner. But sometimes the WhatsApp notification does not work when:
WhatsApp notifications and new messages are not displayed on the locked screen and you do not receive WhatsApp messages when you do not open the application ;
You receive notifications but no messages on WhatsApp and the message displayed is from an old chat.
We have described a few methods to resolve the problem of WhatsApp notifications not working on iPhone/Android. And WhatsApp notifications can work properly again in the following ways.
Fix the missing alert sound when you receive a message.
To hear a warning tone when you receive a WhatsApp message, do the following on your device.
Go to [Settings] > [Application Management] > search for WhatsApp > [Manage Notifications] > [Message Notes] > [Ringtone] > customize or select the desired alert tone.
- Make sure WhatsApp sound is enabled. Go to Settings > Notifications > to change the conversion sounds to green.
- Log out and log in to your WhatsApp account.
- Stop WhatsApp and restart the device.
- Update WhatsApp.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
Keep WiFi enabled in standby mode
If you do not have the option “Leave WiFi on in standby mode”, you will not receive your notifications in time. To enable this feature, access your device settings and then
- Network and Internet
- WiFi preferences
- Leave the WiFi on while on sleep
- Always select
Access to all WhatsApp permissions
If the first four methods fail, you will need to check another setting – access to all required WhatsApp permissions – to make sure it is working properly. To verify that all permissions are given, you must do this :
– Press the Settings icon on your Home screen, and then go to the Apps or Application Manager area.
– Now you will see all the applications that are installed under the Apps section. And what you need to do now is find out which WhatsApp you have and run it.
– Next, you need to click Permissions to go to the Application Permissions area and check if any switches in this area are disabled. If so, just turn it on.
- Restart your phone or turn it off and back on again.
- Reset the application settings by accessing your phone settings under Settings > Applications > Menu icon > Reset application settings.
- Prevent your phone from entering a power-saving mode, for example, by leaving it connected to a power source.
- Disconnect from WhatsApp Web by going to WhatsApp > More Options > WhatsApp Web > Disconnect All Computers
- Leave your Wi-Fi on during standby by selecting your phone settings > Wi-Fi > Settings icon > Leave Wi-Fi on during standby > Always.
- Uninstall all task killers. These prevent the application from receiving messages when you are not using it.
- Launch the Hangouts application and log out of all your accounts. Then restart Hangouts and log in again.
You can miss great opportunities if you do not receive your WhatsApp notifications in a timely manner. We hope these tips will finally get you back on track. Did I miss a tip that worked for you? Share it with us in the following comments.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.