RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-4: If your attempt to install Microsoft Office fails, an error message usually tries to explain the cause. There are several reasons that can cause error code 30088-4. Usually, an error occurs because the system files are corrupted or previous installation files have not been deleted correctly. Here is the list of troubleshooting steps to correct the error. Follow the steps in this article in the exact order to correct error code 30088-4. Check that the error is corrected after each troubleshooting step. Performing the troubleshooting steps in this article will resolve error code 30088-4.
Causes of office installation error Error code 30088-4
1. Your security software or firewall may block the installation of Office.
2. the proxy settings are enabled on your computer.
3. an existing version of an Office suite.
4. incomplete and partially failed repair installation Modify the removal of the Office suite.
Running Office Fix It Uninstaller
This only applies to Office 2016, Office 2019 and Office 365.
Several affected users reported that the problem had been solved and that they could install Office 365 or Office 2013 without encountering error code 30088-4 after running Fix-It Uninstaller (before reinstalling the program).
To resolve the error code, make a temporary exception to the firewall or antivirus.
The firewall or antivirus software installed on your computer may at some point detect the Microsoft Office runtime file as part of the background system security and automatically delete it. The Office installer is an online installation to provide the latest features and updates in each individual installation.
Anti-virus software installed on your computer, such as McAfee, Norton, Bit Defender, AVG, Kaspersky, Panda, Avast or Webroot, is a high-security firewall that protects against viruses, spyware, Trojans and malicious components entering your computer from external sources, such as the Internet and external drives, USB and external hard drives. This security protection also controls and verifies the content of the Internet. And if the security level is set to High or High, it does not allow execution on the Internet for security reasons. Therefore, it can also block the online installation of Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2016 or Office 2013.
Performing an SFC scan
Steps to follow to perform the SFC scan to correct error code 30088-4:
- First of all, make sure that the computer’s date and time are correct.
- Open the order immediately with Administrative Preferences.
- Type “SFC /SCANNOW” and click on Enter.
- Do not close the scan window until it is 100% complete.
- Once the analysis is complete, launch the installation/update to verify that error code 30088-4 has been corrected.
Deleting temporary files
- Go to Chemin C:\Windows\Temp
- Select all files and click on Delete.
- Enter %temp% in the search bar of the Start menu,
- delete all files, you can skip the files executed in the background.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.