Last Updated on January 16, 2019
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Changing the display settings in Windows can improve screen visibility for people with poor visibility. This process of dramatically changing Windows color and contrast settings is called color inversion. It is important to note that the activation of color inversion in Windows is not permanent.
Change Color and High Contrast Setting
- In an empty area of the desktop screen, right-click and select Customize.
- The Settings app will open and you see the options available for the background.
- On the right side of the window, under Associated Settings, click High Contrast Settings.
- Under High Contrast, you can select the desired pattern from the drop-down menu. In your case, select None to reset your drawing to the old setting.
- Click Apply to make the changes take effect.
Use a Magnifier Window Through a REG file
The following.reg files change the DWORD value in the underlying registry key.
Invert DWORD value
- Save the .reg file on your desktop.
- Double-click on the downloaded.reg file to merge it.
- When prompted, click Run, OK (UAC), Yes and OK to approve the merge.
- You can now delete the downloaded.reg file if you wish.
Do A System Restore
If this problem has occurred recently, it is possible that a third-party application or one of your settings may be the cause of the problem. The fastest way to solve this problem is to restore the system. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + S button and go to System Restore. Select Create a restore point from the list of results.
- The System Properties window appears. Select the System Restore button.
- Once the System Restore window is open, click the Next button to continue.
- Enable the Show more restore points option, if available. Select the restore point to which you want to return and click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
Once the recovery process is complete, check to see if the problem persists.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.