Updated May 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Microsoft Windows is one of the most widely used operating systems in the world. While it is appreciated for its user-friendly interface, built-in troubleshooting, and customization capabilities, it is not error-free. It is an extremely complex system that relies on thousands of processes to keep it functioning properly. Bugs, glitches, errors, and other problems can occur, which is never a pleasant experience.
Some users have encountered the Windows 0XC004F009 activation error, also known as Grace Period error. This term means that all users who have installed a copy of the Windows operating system fall into a grace period. They can use Windows and all of its features without any restrictions. However, if you get a Grace Period Expired error, your system may stop working properly.
What causes Windows activation error 0XC004F009?
- One reason is that the computer was not activated while it was connected to the company.
- The second reason is that the system was never connected to the company, and the timeout expired before the system was activated.
How to solve Windows activation error 0XC004F009?
Expand grace period for MAK key
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type “Regedit” in the dialog box text box and press Enter to start the Windows registry.
- In the Windows registry, navigate to the following location.
- Find MediaBootInstall in the right pane and double-click it.
- Then set the base to hexadecimal and the value to 0.
- Press Enter to save your changes and restart your computer.
- After the reboot, type cmd in the search box and click Run as administrator to run the advanced command prompt.
- Type the following command at the command prompt window and press Enter to execute it
- slmgr -rearm
Use your phone
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R on your computer.
- In the text box of the dialog box, type “ms-settings: activation” if you’re using Windows 10, then press Enter.
- If you’re using an earlier version of Windows, type “slui” and press Enter.
- Select the number you want to call and follow the instructions to continue.
- Enter your own installation ID, and once the process is complete, your Windows will be activated.
Using the command line
- Type cmd in the search bar and click Run as administrator to run the advanced command line.
- Type the command below in the command line window and press Enter to run it.
- Slmgr.vbs -ipk (your macro key).
- After running this command, run the following command.
- slmgr.vbs -ato
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reboot Windows by clicking the "Restart" button.
- Install all available Windows updates.
- Use phone activation.
- Extend the grace period of your MAK.
- Use the command-line tool to activate Windows.
- Use the default product key.
Select Start -> Settings -> Update and Security -> Activation, and then select Troubleshooting to run the activation troubleshooter.
If Windows is not activated, you can't adjust the desktop background, window title bar, taskbar, and launch color, change the theme, customize the home screen, taskbar, and lock screen, etc. You may also get messages at regular intervals asking you to activate your copy of Windows.