Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Some applications can run multiple instances, such as Microsoft Word, Chrome, VLC Player, etc. By their very nature, these applications can run multiple instances without much disruption to the other instance. The same cannot be said for all applications, as running more than one of them could result in a crash.
Running Multiple Instances of OBS in Windows 10
A few years ago, the OBS did not allow multiple instances of the application to run. Now it’s almost working on its own.
For those who wish to manage several instances of OBS, here are the right steps (in 2020) :
- Download the OBS Studio zip file and unzip it into any folder.
- In the extracted folder, search in the /bin/64bit/ subfolder and locate the exe file: OBS64.exe
- Create a shortcut to the OBS64.exe file on your desktop.
- Right-click on the shortcut you created and click Properties -> Target -> And add the following at the end of the line: -portable
- Click Apply and Save.
- If you run this shortcut now, OBS will run in stand-alone mode ( Laptop ) without using your configuration files ( From another installation you may have ). It’s like running for the first time after installing it from scratch.
Switching for Running Multiple Instances of OBS
OBS supports multiple instances, but if you can’t run them, you can force the function to run with a simple switch.
- Install the OBS.
- Create a desktop shortcut for OBS.
- Right-click the shortcut and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the Shortcut tab.
- Find the target field and add a space at the very end of the address.
- After adding the part, type the following and click OK
- –multi warning
- Use the shortcut to open OBS.
- Use it again to open a second instance of the application.
- The command prompt that asks if you want to run multiple instances is not displayed. Instead, it is simply open.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.