RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The Windows 10 May 2019 update is finally available for download, and it is the first – and perhaps the only – major update to Microsoft’s ever-evolving Windows 10 operating system this year.
The Windows 10 May 2019 update, also known as Windows 10 Version 1903 or 19H1, is another part of Microsoft’s plan to release major free tent pole updates that provide new features, tools and applications for Windows 10.
This update follows the traces of the Windows update of October 10, 2018. Last year’s update brought with it a number of new features (and bugs) for Windows 10, although there were difficulties in convincing users to update.
Windows 10 version 1903 offers a number of new features and improvements that many users will appreciate. One of the most important features, for example, is the new Windows Test Environment.
The Sandbox acts as an antimalware software and alerts you to potential risks when accessing infected utilities.
Windows 10 v1903 is not available for all PC users simultaneously. Microsoft plans to gradually release the patch and tries to identify potential bugs before they are made available to all users.
Windows 10 v1903 Known Issues
Microsoft has already published a list of issues with the new Windows 10 v1903 and Windows Server 1903. The list contains minor problems with the user interface and important issues such as driver incompatibility. The list also includes the status of each problem. Some problems have been fixed, others can be solved with workarounds, while others will soon be fixed. See the list of known issues during the update to Windows 10 v1903 May 2019:
- Updates to Microsoft Store applications are not automatically installed on 18356+. To avoid this problem, you can use the Microsoft Store application to manually check and install updates.
- Open Select”……”. > Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”. (Fixed)
- Starting games that use anti-cheat software can trigger a bugcheck (GSOD). (Update: Many games that use anti-cheat software have released patches for the problem where PCs perform a bugcheck (GSOD). The update block that prevents Windows Insider from updating to the latest version has been removed on 29.03.)
- Creative X-Fi sound cards do not work properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not work properly.
Know issues for developers
If you install one of the latest versions of the fast ring and switch to the slow ring, optional content such as activating the developer mode will fail. You must stay in the quick ring to add, install and activate the optional content. This is due to the fact that the optional content is only installed on builds that are allowed for some rings.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.