RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Crystal Reports is a widely used business intelligence application that uses data analysis to create detailed reports. Users can then access and compare these files to improve productivity and efficiency. However, some users have had difficulty accessing RPT files (Crystal Reports extension) for various reasons. The most common reason is the damage to Crystal Reports files.
Sometimes, when installing upgrades, these installations are damaged or no longer work. Uninstalling and reinstalling the application does not solve this problem. You must remove the Crystal Reports and Crystal Decisions installations from your computer so that application installers can reinstall and register these products.
Select the Right .rpt File
- Open the custom report from The Raisers Edge, The Financial Edge or The Education Edge.
- Click on the button to the right of Select Crystal Report.
- Navigate to the location of the report file, select the appropriate.rpt file and click Open.
- Save the changes you made to the custom report in The Raisers Edge, The Financial Edge, or The Education Edge.
- Click on Preview to view the report.
Run a Disk Cleanup of Your Temporary Files and Folders
- Click on the Start button.
- Enter “command” in the search field… DO NOT press ENTER again!
- While holding down the CTRL-Shift key on your keyboard, press ENTER.
- An authorization dialog box appears.
- Click on Yes.
- A black box opens with a blinking cursor.
- Enter “cleanmgr” and press ENTER.
- Disk Cleanup begins by calculating how much disk space you can recover.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box appears with a series of check boxes that you can select. In most cases, the Temporary Files category takes up the largest amount of disk space.
- Check the boxes of the categories you want to clean and click OK.
Installing the SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine
- Navigate to \Server name\BUREAUTIMBERLINE\9.5\Accounting\Winner\Inst\Inst\Prerequisites\Crystal Runtime Engine (x86).
- Run CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_8.msi file.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- Then navigate to \\serversname\TIMBERLINE OFFICE\9.5\Accounting\WinInst\Prerequisites\Post Crystal UFL Install
- Run the file PostCrystalUFLInstall.exe.
- Ensure that the SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework (32-bit) is now listed under Programs and Features.
- Restart the workstation.
- Try again to execute the crystal report.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance