Last Updated on October 28, 2019
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Many people now use HBO GO for free streaming of their movies. You can only use HBO Go if HBO is part of your cable package through a participating television provider. This is a free streaming service available on a variety of devices for people who subscribe to HBO. It provides on-demand access to most of the HBO library’s resources, including popular series, movies, specials and original content. There is no live television, but new content is generally available within minutes of the live broadcast.
HBO Go problems are very common and often occur at the worst possible time. Fixing HBO Go problems can be more complicated than fixing HBO Now because the problem can occur with HBO Go, your cable or satellite company, or your Internet connection.
Sometimes HBO servers are overloaded and video streaming crash, and sometimes they just have problems. Error messages may appear, the service may become completely empty, you may only see a black screen or the screen may be suspended when nothing is happening and no progress is being made.
If you are in an HBO Go problem, here are some methods you can use to solve it if HBO GO can’t play the video:
- In the upper right corner of the Chrome browser, select More (appears as 3 points), then Settings.
- In the Search Settings input box, type Flash and press Enter.
- Click Content Settings.
- Click on Flash.
- Select the Allow websites to run Flash option.
- Open HBOGO.com in a new browser window and try to play a video.
Restart HBO GO
- Restart the HBO GO App.
- Restart your Smart TV.
- Update your smart TV software.
- Delete HBO GO App.
- Reinstall the HBO GO App.
Check your Devices
- If you have problems with home streaming, you should restart your TV, set-top box, game console or handset to see if this solves the problem.
- Turn off your home router for about 60 seconds, then restart it to see if it repairs the download stream.
- You can turn off your modem for 30 seconds, then restart it.
Clear your cache/cookies
- Click on the “Menu” button at the top right of the browser.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- At the end of the “Privacy and Security” section, click on the “Delete Navigation Data” option.
- Select “All hours” in the time interval.
- Make sure that the “Cookies and other page data” and “Images and cached files” options are enabled.
- Now click on the “Delete data” option.
- This will delete all cookies and cache it, open the page and check if the problem persists.
Check your Internet connection
Whenever you have a problem with HBO GO streaming, the first factor is probably bad or the lack of Internet connection. This service requires a reasonable amount of bandwidth.
The recommended download speed for HBO Go is 3mbps. Be sure to test your Internet speed to make sure it meets the recommended standards.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.