RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you want to start streaming to your countless unused and currently unknown fans around the world, Open Broadcast Studio, also known as OBS, is one of the best tools. It is ideal for streaming games on YouTube or Twitch, or for broadcasting your latest live recording on Facebook while minimizing audio problems in the process.
OBS or Open Broadcaster Software is a free, open source software that helps users deliver video and audio via online services such as YouTube, Mixer, SoundCloud and more. The Display Capture module is intended for OBS video feeding, which sends the user’s display as a stream. You can use it to capture images of a live match during the playoffs, capture Photoshop images when you stream your illustrations, or capture images from the software while you are playing a live tutorial for it.
OBS allows you to easily capture your window, and all this can be configured in a few clicks (click on “Add Source” and follow the instructions). However, sometimes OBSs fail, preventing your window from being properly captured or designed so that you cannot see (and confirm) what material is being transmitted.
How to Fix When OBS Not Capturing Game Video in Windows?
Configure Enhancements for your Speaker
Although you may have thought this problem had nothing to do with your speakers, many users have benefited from a patch that addresses disabled improvements in the features of your speaker device.
- Open the sound settings on your computer by right-clicking on the volume icon in the taskbar (the right part of the taskbar or the lower left corner of the screen) and selecting the sounds from the menu that appears.
- You can also use the Windows Key + R key combination to launch the execution type “control.exe” in the Open text box and click OK to open the control panel. You can also search for it in the Start menu.
- In Audio Settings, go to the Playback tab, locate the speakers, right-click your speakers and select Properties from the pop-up menu that appears.
- In the list of available improvements, check the boxes next to Bass Boost, Virtual Surround and Loudness Equalization.
- Click the OK button and click OK again to confirm the changes you have made. Open OBS again and check if it is now able to record the game audio during streaming or live recording!
Run OBS with High-performance processor settings
On the NVIDIA display, go to the Program Settings tab, select the program you want to run from the drop-down list and click Add. We will add OBS to the list of programs.
- The default paths for OBS under Windows 10 are as follows
x86 : C:\program files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\32bit\obs32.exe
x64 : C:\program files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe
- Then set the graphics processor to High Performance.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Run OBS as Administrator
- Right-click on the OBS icon.
- Search for execution as an administrator. Click to open a command prompt.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.