RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
As we all know, the Send to menu appears when we right click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful elements, including “Compressed (zipped) folder”, which allows you to create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders in a few seconds without using a third-party compression program. This is really a useful option.
However, sometimes this item is accidentally or intentionally deleted from the Send To menu.
Causes of this error:
If the Compressed (Zipped) folder does not appear in the Send To menu, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The SendTo folder does not contain the “ZFSendToTarget compressed folder” file.
- The settings for the ZFSendToTarget file assignment are missing or incorrect.
- The SendTo folder contains a 0-byte Bluetooth file that delays the rendering of the SendTo menu.
The following tutorial will help you restore this useful item in the Send to menu:
Restore of compressed (zipped) files
To restore the compressed (zipped) folder under Windows 10, do the following.
- Press Win + R on the keyboard simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the following text in the Run field:
- Press the Enter key. The corresponding folder will be opened in the file explorer:
- Right-click on the Compressed Folder (zipped) item and select Copy from the context menu:
- Type or copy the following text into the address bar of the File Explorer:
The corresponding folder is opened in the file explorer:
Paste the shortcut you copied to it:
In general, after the above steps, the missing Compressed (zipped) Folder option can be reset in the Send to menu in Windows 10.
Copy the shortcut from the compressed ZIP folder from the user profile
Sometimes, the shortcut of the compressed Zip folder is removed from the user’s profile or is corrupted. In this case, you can copy the compressed Zip Folder shortcut from the default Windows 10 user profile to your personal user profile.
1. Right-click the Start button and click the File Explorer option.
2. In the File Explorer, click the View tab and select Hidden Items to display hidden files and folders on your computer.
3. Navigate to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and copy the compressed (compressed) folder elements.
4. Now navigate to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and paste the shortcut you copied by right-clicking on the SendTo folder and clicking on Paste.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.