Last Updated on November 23, 2018
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The page about:flags in Microsoft Edge Browser, chrome://flags page in Chrome Browser and about:config page in Mozilla Firefox offer additional settings. Let’s see how to access these hidden configuration pages in Edge, Chrome & Firefox browsers
Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox browsers contain a Developer Settings page that contains many flags you can enable or disable. Most of the settings here are intended for advanced users and developers and should not normally be affected by ordinary users, as they are usually configurations for developers or containing features that are currently in the experimental stage.
To search for a setting, press Ctrl+F and use the search bar that appears on these pages.
about:flags page in Microsoft Edge Browser
To access the development settings page in Edge Browser, enter about:flags in the address bar and press Enter.
On the Border over Flags page, you can see the settings and configurations for the following items :
- View source and inspect items in context menu
- Use Microsoft Compatibility List
- Localhost Allow loopback (which could compromise your device)
- Allow local Adobe Flash Player loopback (which could compromise your device)
- Enable extension development features (which could compromise your device)
- Unlimited memory usage for web pages (which can compromise your device’s overall performance)
- Put on your safety glasses. These functions are experimental and can lead to unexpected browser behavior.
- Windows.UI. Use composition
- Compose thumb of scroll bar independently
- Decode images with rendering size
- Use full stack context for fixed position elements
- Visibly display control characters
- Enable experimental selection control
- Enable view rules @- ms
- Enable document scrolling propertiesElement instead of body view rules
- Apply element
- Enable scrolling response
- Enable touch events
- Enable mouse events compatible with the
- Enable MSPointer event interfaces
- Disable pointer event interfaces
- Run timer only once per second in invisible tabs, to improve battery life.
- Use the behavior of the old setInterval.
- Enable opus audio format
- Enable VP9 video format
- Hide my local IP address via WebRTC connections
- H.264 Experimental H.264 Enable support /AVC
- Enable Experimental Web Payment API
- Enable TCP Fast Open API
- Enable Full Screen API by default
Because this page is constantly updated, a new page can be added or an old page can be dropped and deleted.
Visit the Edge Developer page here and search for the setting if you need information.
This article shows you how to disable the about:flags page in Edge.
chrome://flags page in Chrome browser
To access Chrome’s hidden development settings, type chrome://flags or about://flags in Omnibar and press Enter.
Here you must click on the blue activation link to deactivate the setting or vice versa. Some settings also provide a drop-down menu from which you can make your selection.
This article lists some useful Chrome flag settings and lists hidden Google Chrome URLs. Here are some chrome flags listed for better ergonomics.
Tip : To see all these hidden internal pages of Chrome, type chrome://about and press Enter.
about:config page in Mozilla Firefox
When you type about:config in the Firefox address bar, the page with the developer settings opens.
To change settings, double-click a setting. If you do this, either the value becomes true to false or vice versa, or a value field opens in which you can change the value of the string. Be careful before double-clicking!
This article explains some of the useful Firefox on optimizations:configurations.
As I mentioned earlier, these should not normally be affected by normal domestic users, as they are intended for developers and advanced users. As this page also contains parameters that are in experimental phase, it is constantly updated and new parameters can be added or deleted.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here