RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Window Detective is an excellent free tool for Windows operating systems that allows programmers to spy on their applications, view their custom properties and even modify them according to different scenarios.
One of the most important use cases of Windows Detective is to force the opening of program windows in user-defined dimensions and a user-defined position on the screen when the program is loaded. This helps the programmer manage the actions your applications run.
These are some of the key features of Window Detective that make it a useful tool for modifying application tasks.
- Display window properties such as text/title, dimensions and styles.
- Define properties such as text/title, dimensions and styles.
- Show all windows in a tree hierarchy of parent and child windows.
- Pick window for mouse control.
- Advanced search to find windows that match specific criteria.
- Listen to window messages sent to a window.
- Smart settings that intelligently recall user settings such as window positions.
Window Detective is a program that an installation program must run on the device before installation. The installer is based on Visual C+++ Redistributable 2010, which is automatically installed if not already installed on the system. Selecting the’Run as administrator’ option is required for this application to be installed on your PC.
It has a rather stocky appearance, with all the windows on the right side bar. The windows open by clicking on the right side. You can also change the display mode to make it easier to find the window you want to check and customize.
Right-click one of the options on the left side to obtain several of the options described below.
- View Properties – Displays window settings such as dimensions, position, size, supported styles, scrolling information and other parameters you need to customize settings.
- Change properties – When you open the Properties settings, you can set custom window dimensions, positions or sizes, set the window to visible/invisible, on or still in the foreground, or change the window text.
- Edit Window Styles – Add or remove window styles to the selected window. Styles allow you to add or remove frames, scroll bars or various other properties from the selected window.
Window Detective is a unique and specialized product for developers, programmers and users. Developers and programmers can check the behavior of all running programs on the machine and users can adjust settings, size and position to their needs. It can be downloaded from sourceforge.com.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance