RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
It’s been years since Microsoft released the patch on Tuesday. Every second Tuesday of the month, Microsoft releases updates and bug fixes. John Wilcox of Microsoft recently published a detailed blog post on the Windows 10 update service cadence. This blog post will help you understand the context of Microsoft’s update policy.
Updates published on the second Tuesday of each month are the most important and important of all monthly updates and are the only ones to include new security fixes
Microsoft releases three quality updates each month –
- Also known as version B, Patch Tuesday provides the most important primary updates and security patches.
- There is another out-of-band version of Microsoft that suggests that users immediately upgrade devices to address urgent vulnerabilities. Out-of-band updates do not follow regular release times.
- There are two other publications ‘C’ and ‘D’ that appear in the third and fourth week of the month. These are special preview versions and provide some insecure updates and are intended to test bug fixes scheduled for Tuesday. The main purpose of publishing these C and D updates is to help users test the most important updates before they are made available to the public.
The Tuesday Update patch also brings artificial intelligence to the deployment process. The Microsoft team regularly collects update experience data and checks which devices have a positive update experience. Tuesday Patch’s main goal is to provide you with secure and reliable updates for your devices.
Windows 10 Update Maintenance Interval
Microsoft follows certain policies with all updates –
- Microsoft ensures that the update is simple and predictable so that IT managers do not need to spend additional time or effort to deploy updates. Update schedules are predictable so you don’t have to remember them and can compare them to other Microsoft products you use.
- Microsoft puts customer security first and aims to respond to threats as quickly as possible without compromising compatibility or quality.
- Updating should be easy for both large and small enterprises. Everything is kept transparent so you have access to as much information as you want or need. This transparency also helps you prepare for future updates.
In addition to regular updates and security updates, Microsoft takes your comments very seriously. The team monitors all comments and problems reported by users and makes any necessary corrections immediately.
This summary will hopefully help you learn the Windows quality update system and the principles Microsoft follows to release these updates.
For more information about Windows Update, see the official blog or video above.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance