Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
When you try to play Fortnite from Epic Games on PC, you may see the following error message:
“Something went wrong
Please restart your client. Error 0 “
Start with the obvious and follow along with additional troubleshooting steps if that doesn’t work. Here’s how to fix error 0 and redo Fortnite Battle Royale.
Start SFC Scan
An SFC scan will fix any problems with corrupted drivers or registry entries. Therefore, in this step, we will use the command line to run an SFC scan and then check if the error is resolved.
- On your computer, press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run window.
- Type cmd, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter and press Yes to give command line administrator rights.
- Type the following command and hit Enter.
- sfc / scannow
- Wait for the process to complete and see if the issue with the game is resolved.
Verify the integrity of the game
Checking the game files can still move the game in the right direction and fix the error. So, we will set up the launcher to check, check and replace missing files.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and click the Library button.
- Select the settings icon on the Fortnite button. Then select “Browse” and wait for the process to complete.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Granting administrator rights
As explained earlier, some components of the game may not function effectively. If the game does not have these permissions, at this stage we will make sure that the game has all the necessary permissions to function properly.
- Open the folder where you downloaded Fortnite
- Go to
- FortniteGame \ Binary \ Win64
- Right click FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping and select Properties.
- Now click on Compatibility and make sure the Run as administrator checkbox is checked.
- Apply now and click OK
- Repeat this process for FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-BE, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-EAC, and FortniteLauncher.
Error 0 should now be resolved if you’ve successfully completed all of the above. It may sound daunting, but the process shouldn’t take long if you follow each step carefully.
While many users have reported that this fixes Error 0, we recommend that you contact Fortnite Support for the issue if you still have issues.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.