Updated May 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Downloading updates must be set up to update automatically, but this can cause problems in itself. One of them is that if you are a person using a prepaid data service that could consume all your data, and you probably won’t know what’s going on.
In general, Windows updates use a lot of data, and if there is a problem with the particular network you are using, there may be problems because of the time it takes, and if it is a bad network, interruptions can cause update errors.
Stopping services related to Windows Update
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- When you receive a notification from User Account Control, simply click Next.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands, then press ENTER after each command.
net stop wuauserv
network stop bits
net stop cryptsvc cryptsvc
4. Please do not close the prompt window.
Rename the Windows Update folder.
If this did not help, try renaming the folders related to Windows Update as follows:
May 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
At the command prompt, type the following commands, then press Enter after each command:
ren %systemroot%System32Catroot2 Catroot2.old
ren %systemroot%SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Do not close the Command Prompt window.
Executing the troubleshooting tool
The easiest way to solve this problem is to let Windows do the work for us. There is an automatic troubleshooting included in Windows, so let’s try it first.
- Go to the search bar (in your Start menu or via the Start screen).
- Enter the troubleshooting and choose Settings if necessary.
- Open the Troubleshooting section and press or click on Fix Windows update problems under System and security.
If this does not work, we will have to perform some additional manual steps.
Restart the Windows Update services.
- Start the wuauserv network startup
- Execution of network start bits
- Execute the start of the cryptsvc network for network startup
- Close the command prompt and let Windows check for updates.
Most of the users concerned report that updates are starting to be downloaded, but the process simply never ends and error code 8024A000 is displayed. According to the error code, this error occurs when Windows Update tries to prevent an update session from being interrupted while it is performing an important task.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.