Last Updated on May 3, 2021
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
During normal operation, the Windows Store may close and display an exception code 0xc000027b. This error may occur due to incorrect time and date settings, which may result in an inability to access the Internet.
Exclusion code 0xc000027b can also occur when the Windows Store requires a forced update. It can also occur if something went wrong in the MS Store configuration. Let’s fix Windows exception code 0xc000027b.
What is the cause of Windows Store Crash exception code 0xc000027b
Damaged registry keys: some registry keys can also be responsible for storing data related to the Windows Store component malfunction. Some affected users were able to resolve the issue by using Registry Editor to remove the affected registry key.
Damaged Store component: a fairly common problem that causes this error code is a damaged Windows Store component. In most cases, this occurs after the security scanner has quarantined some items actively used by the Windows Store component. In this case, the problem can be resolved by automatically resetting the entire Windows Store or by using the wreset.exe utility.
Faulty Store app: it is also possible that this particular issue is related to the fact that your local Microsoft Store folder contains some files that are blocked in a suspended state. If this scenario applies, you can solve the problem by updating all relevant Store components using the Powershell command.
Damaged system file: In some cases, this problem can occur due to corruption of the underlying system file, which affects the stability of the Microsoft Store. In such a situation, you can usually resolve the problem by performing a repair installation.
Incorrect time and date: It turns out that this particular problem can also be caused by an incorrect computer clock setting. In most cases, this problem is caused by an incorrect timestamp, which causes the Microsoft Store server to close the connection, causing the application to stop. In this case, you can solve the problem by setting the correct time and date values.
To fix the 0xc000027b exception code for the Windows Store crash
Run the Windows Store application troubleshooter
- Click the Start button, then select Settings
- Update and security
- Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Store apps from the list.
- Run the troubleshooter.
Clear the Windows Store cache registry keys
To get rid of error 0xc000027b, you need to remove the problematic registry keys using the registry editor.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “Regedit” in the dialog box and press Enter.
- In the registry editor, go to the following location.
- Computer HKEY_CURRENT_USER Microsoft Windows Software CurrentVersion CloudStore
- Now right-click on “Cache” and select “Delete” to remove the folder from your computer.
- Then restart your computer and see if the error is fixed.
If the error is caused by a corrupted registry section, clearing the cache in the way described above will fix the error. However, if you still get the 0xc000027b error message on your screen, follow the method below.
Update the Store application using the Powershell command
Like cache files, applications also have temporary files that move and store data. Sometimes these files become active due to an error. This causes problems when running applications.
To update the application store using the Powershell command, follow these steps:
- Type Powershell in the search box and click Run as administrator to open the Powershell command line with elevated privileges.
- At the extended Powershell prompt, type the following command and press Enter to run it:
- $ manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore) .Install Location + `AppxManifest.xml`; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $ manifest
- After running the command, restart your computer and see if that clears the error.
Set the correct time and date on your computer
- Go to your computer’s Start menu by clicking on the Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Now type Run and select the Run application from the results.
- The program will run, and now you must type the command timedate.CPL in the Run dialog box.
- Press Enter to send the command.
- The date and time wizard opens.
- Click on the Date and Time tab on the top menu.
- Click on the Edit date and time option.
- Select the correct date and time based on your location and time zone. If you make a small mistake in the time settings, it may cause a Windows Store crash code 0xc000027b.
- When the time and date are set correctly, click OK to save the settings.
- Close the wizard and restart the device to see the changes.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes, when apps are corrupted or there are app updates waiting to be installed, the store may open on its own to let you know. This problem can also occur because of software conflicts.
The main reason for this problem seems to be that the Windows Store files were corrupted during a Windows update. Some users who have the Windows Store report that the icon does not click, while another user has the Windows Store app completely missing.
- Go to Settings-Applications -> Applications -> Apps and Features.
- Find the Microsoft Store entry and click it to display the Advanced Settings link.
- Under Reset, click the Reset button.
The easiest way to disable the store is to use Group Policy: open the Local Group Policy Editor and go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Store; double-click Disable Store application in the settings pane on the right, select Enabled in the policy properties page.