Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Elder Scrolls Online, an online multiplayer role-playing game (MMORPG) from ZeniMax Online Studios and Bethesda Softworks, has been sold more than 15 million times in 2020 and has about 2.5 million monthly active players. Originally released for Microsoft Windows and OS X in 2014, the game was released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015. The game is set on the mainland of Tamriel and follows the storyline of the popular franchise exactly. It received exceptionally positive reviews and won prestigious awards, including Outstanding Video Game at the 30th GLAAD Media Awards and a nomination for “Still Playing” at the 2019 Golden Joystick Awards.
Errors in games are so common these days that no game is without them. Either bugs creep in or you encounter serious programming errors. Elder Scrolls Online players are constantly reporting one of these errors, error 1005. They encounter this problem from time to time when trying to play the game.Also, restarting and reconnecting has helped them a lot. So we decided to create a step-by-step guide that will surely help you and fix the 1005 error. If you’re one of those gamers who have to deal with this, you’ve come to the right place. So, let’s start with our guide.
Check if Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are Disabled
If your ESO Launcher keeps hanging up, make sure the auto-setup script and proxy server are disabled in your Internet settings. These settings can be defined as follows:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the upper area, click Connections.
- Select LAN Settings.
- Make sure that the Auto Setup script and proxy server are disabled (not enabled).
- After applying the settings, restart the ESO Launcher.
Launch ESO Launcher as administrator
As indicated in the ESO error message, the problem may be in the launcher permissions. Every game requires administrator permissions to run properly on the system without interruptions or UAC restrictions. In this case, the problem can be solved by opening ESO Launcher with administrator rights.
- Right-click the Start icon on your system desktop (or wherever the launcher is installed).
- Then select “Run as Administrator” from the context menu and make sure the game works correctly.
Start Windows in selective startup mode
You can also try to start your computer in selective startup mode:
- click Start and type “msconfig” in the search box.
- right-click msconfig.exe and select Run as administrator.
- At the top of the General tab, click Selective Run.
Disable the Loadstartup items.
- Click the Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Click the Disable All button below.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Reboot your computer.
When your computer reboots, it will go into selective startup mode. Try the game again and see if there are different results. If everything works fine, the problem was caused by one of the utilities or running programs. To fix the program causing the problem, reactivate several programs at a time and try running the game again.
Repair the game
There are many factors that can cause corrupted game files. This is usually due to an incomplete game update. If the game files are corrupted, you won’t be able to launch and play the game without several errors. . In this case, restoring the game files can solve the problem.
- Reboot your system.
- Open the ESO Launcher as an administrator. If you use more than one ESO client, make sure you select the correct client by clicking on it.
- Wait until the launcher is fully charged.
- Then open the “Game Options” drop-down list and click “Restore”.
- When prompted, let the launcher scan all the files in the game.
- This may take some time, so wait for the repair process to complete.
- Then exit the launcher and restart your system.
- After restarting, open the launcher / game with administrator privileges and see if the error is fixed.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.