Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Citrix Receiver is the client component for XenDesktop and XenApp. Full access to complete workstations via XenDesktop is only granted to devices on which the Citrix receiver is installed. Citrix is an application that allows the virtualization of servers, workstations and applications. Recently, however, many reports have been received that prevent users from opening online applications through the web portal.
You get this error when you try to launch vDesktop or Cloud applications: the feature you want to use is on a network resource that is not available. Click OK to try again, or type another path to a folder with the’ICAWebWrapper.msi’ installation package in the field below.
The problem is that the online plug-in cannot be installed because ICAWebWrapper.msi is missing.
So where can we find this MSI file?
It’s much easier than I expected.
Open a command prompt as an administrator and go to the folder where you saved CitrixReceiver.exe and type the following to extract all msi files to a folder named Extract.
For receiver 4.x and later versions:
CitrixReceiver.exe /extract[Destination_name_of_the_extract_folder, for example C:\temp]
After extracting the MSI files, you can then use Browse in the pop-up window and select the ICAWebWrapper.msi file. Click OK in the pop-up to install the plug-in online.
Fixed an ‘icawebwrapper.msi error’ when starting an application from the web portal
Reinstall the Citrix client on the end user’s PC.
The exact steps depend on the end user’s operating system and the version of the Citrix client installed. In general:
1. Open the Windows Installed Programs Tool.
2. select the Citrix client (e. g. “Citrix Receiver”).
3. click on “Uninstall”.
4 Installing Citrix Client
Installation of ICAWebWrapper.msi
If the ICAWebWrapper.msi file is missing on the computer, this error is triggered. Therefore, in this step, we will download and install the file in the installation directory of the application. For that:
- Be sure to download and install “Winrar” or another extraction tool on your computer before proceeding with the following steps.
- Download CitrixReceiver.exe from this link.
- After downloading, right-click on the file and select “Extract to CitrixReceiver/”.
- The contents of the”.exe” file will be extracted to a folder called “CitrixReceiver” in the same directory.
- Open the folder, scroll down and right-click on “ICAWebWrapper.msi”.
- Select “Copy” and navigate to the Citrix installation directory.
- Right-click anywhere and select “Paste”.
- Open the Citrix program and if you get the error again, click on “Browse” and select “ICAWebWrapper.msi” in the Citrix directory.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.