Updated February 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you suddenly encounter error code 0xc1900130 while trying to update your Windows 10 computer, this article will help you solve the problem. This type of Windows Update error can occur if the network connection between the Windows Update server and the client computer is interrupted and the installation cannot continue because the hash instance has not been found. In this case, the following error message appears under Options:
“Failed install attempt – 0xc1900130”
If you are currently experiencing this problem when trying to install a feature update, you may need to check your Internet connection and then try to reinstall Windows Update. However, if this did not work, you can refer to one of the options below to solve the problem.
Configuring the status of services related to Windows Update
At a high prompt, execute the following commands one after the other:
- Configuration SC configuration wuauserv configuration start= auto
- SC configuration bits start= auto
- Configuration SC cryptsvc start= auto
- Configuration SC Configuration Trustedinstaller Trustedinstaller start= auto
This ensures that the necessary services are available.
Run the Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter
The first method to troubleshoot update errors 0x80240034 & 0xc1900130 is to run the Microsoft Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter tool in administrator mode. To do that:
1. Download and run Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Support page.
2. Restart your computer.
3. try to install the update.
February 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Manual download of the update
If it is not a feature update and it is only a cumulative update, you can manually download and install Windows Update. To find out which update has failed, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Update and Security > View Update History.
- Check which update failed. Updates that have not been installed are displayed with errors in the Status column.
- Then go to the Microsoft download center and locate this update with the KB number.
- Once you have found it, download it and install it manually.
- You can use Microsoft Update Catalog, a Microsoft service that contains a list of software updates that can be distributed on an enterprise network. Using the Microsoft Update Catalog can be a single point of contact for locating Microsoft software updates, drivers and patches.
Rename the iastorac.sys driver
It turns out that the most common reason why this problem will occur is a software incompatibility between Microsoft and Intel. A problem with the iastorac.sys driver can effectively block the Windows Update component on Windows 10 PCs with Intel RST drivers.
If this scenario applies, you should be able to solve the problem by accessing the location of the conflicting iastorac.sys driver and renaming it with the extension’.old’ to force your operating system to ignore it.
Several users concerned confirmed that after restarting their computer, they could finally install any pending updates without any problem.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.