Last Updated on October 4, 2021
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The Zeus Trojan virus was first detected in July 2007. Its main purpose is to steal information from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Zeus is also known as Zeus and Zbot. It is part of one of the world’s most successful botnet programs and has infected millions of computers from its first release until today.
In addition, its code has been used for other similar malware such as Floki Bot. The Zeus virus is a sophisticated threat that can cause huge damage to computers and gain access to important private data.
How did the Zeus Trojan get into your computer?
Developers use several methods to spread this virus. Most often it comes bundled with other free software or is hidden in download links in spam emails. When users install freeware without checking whether other programs are installed on their computer, Zeus is infected.
Sometimes users receive spam emails containing malicious download links and accidentally install this virus. It doesn’t matter how this Trojan got on your computer. If you use the removal method below, you will be able to get rid of the Zeus virus on your computer.
How to remove the Zeus Trojan from your computer?
Search for malware
- Open Start, type Windows Security, and select Windows Security Settings.
- Select Virus and Threat Protection.
- Select Scanning preferences.
- Select Windows Defender Offline Scan.
- Save everything you do, because the computer reboots in this mode.
- Click the Scan Now button.
Reset your browser settings
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three-dot menu and open Settings.
- Scroll down and open Advanced.
- Scroll down and tap Reset settings to original defaults.
- Click the Reset button.
Uninstalling from the Control Panel
- In the search box, type Control Panel and open the Control Panel.
- In the category view, select Uninstall a program.
- Navigate to one (or more) suspicious and untrusted program(s).
- Right-click the program and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove PUPs and adware
- Download a special tool to remove malware.
- Run the tool (you do not need to install it).
- Select Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Your computer will restart and the cleaning process will continue after the restart.
- Clean everything and restart your computer.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
By logging keystrokes and monitoring websites, Zeus botnets can detect sensitive information you enter, such as bank details or passwords, and use it to steal your money.
Zeus virus is a powerful Trojan horse that is mainly used to steal sensitive data such as banking information. This malware can infect all versions of Microsoft Windows and can be set up to steal almost any information that hackers want and even install CryptoLocker ransomware on your computer.
Zeus malware is characterized by the use of a stealthy detection module. It is able to detect whether a sandbox or debugging environment is active on the infected host. If these environments are detected or if an antivirus product is detected, the Zeus Trojan automatically removes itself to avoid detection.
The Zeus virus is a malicious Trojan horse specifically targeting Microsoft Windows. The Trojan malware deceives users about its true intentions, just like its namesake horse. In 2007, Zeus carried out a massive attack on major corporations and U.S. government facilities.