Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You receive this error message when you try to install DotNet (.net) on Windows 10 and use a WSUS server. This error may occur if the .net installer is not approved in WSUS.
When you try to install additional features such as.NET Framework on Windows 10, it always communicates with Windows Update. The problem occurs because WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) does not allow optional features to install this software framework. Either the WSUS does not approve the.net installer. So, to get rid of the error code 0x800f0954, you must use the ISO of the Windows installation support.
Error code 0x800f0954 in Windows 10 Solutions
Installing NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 on Windows 10 via Media
- First, extract the Windows 10 ISO files to a local or network folder and note the location. Or, if it’s easier, just mount it.
- Then, open PowerShell with administrative privileges and type the following command by replacing the location of the unzipped files.
- Ability to add windows – Online -Name NetFx3~~~~ -Source D:\Sources\SxS
- You can also use the DISM tool for the same action.
- DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:NetFx3~~~~ Source:D:\Sources\SxS
- Finally, you can confirm that the.NET Framework is installed by typing the following command.
- Get-WindowsCapability – Online -Name
Changing Wi-Fi settings
If you have a measured connection, disable it until you have completed the installation of the selected language packs.
- Go to the Windows 10 search box and enter the Wi-Fi settings to access your wireless network.
- Select the name of the appropriate connection.
- Turn off your measurement connection by turning off the button.
- Wait until the Install New Features message appears, then click on it.
- Keep waiting until everything is installed.
- You can now restart your measured Internet connection.
Bypassing the WSUS
If you receive error 0x800f0954 when you try to install the optional Windows features, it is likely that your system will not be able to access the Windows Update Server. This seems to have happened to many users in a similar situation, especially in situations where there is an entire network of domain-related computers configured to download updates from a WSUS server.
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type “regedit” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the Registry Editor with administrator privileges. When prompted by User Account Control (UAC), click Yes to assign administrator privileges.
- In the Registry Editor, use the left pane to navigate to the next location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\AU
- If the Windows Update key does not exist, you must create it manually. To do this, right-click the Windows button, select New > Key and name it WindowsUpdate. Then right-click on the newly created key and select New > Key and name the most recent key AU.
- When the AU button is selected, go to the right pane, right-click an empty space and choose New > String Value. Then rename the newly created string value in UserWUServer.
- Once the UserWUServer key is created, double-click it and set its value data to 0.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.