Updated September 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If the “Store” application on your Windows computer does not download your applications correctly, there are several solutions available to you, from changing your computer’s date and time settings to resetting your store’s cache.
Many Windows 10 users report that their download speed in the Windows store is extremely low compared to the speeds they calculate in other programs. This is a recurring problem that has been reported since the beginning of this operating system. Most of the users concerned report that the download speed starts normally, then quickly decreases to a few kbps.
How to fix slow downloads on the Store
- Go to Start > enter’Settings’ > start the Settings page.
- Go to Windows Update > select Advanced options.
- Go to Distribution Optimization > select Advanced Options.
- All you have to do is activate the option’Limit the bandwidth used to download updates in the background’ and set the cursor to 100%.
This way, you disable the dynamic download optimization feature of Windows 10, which automatically limits your download speed.
Re-register the Windows store.
1. Press the Windows + I button to open the settings, then select System.
2. go to Apps & Features, then select Store.
3. click on Advanced Options, click on the Reset button.
4. click again on Reset to confirm.
Resetting the Windows Store Cache
Resetting the Windows Store cache can be very useful to increase the download speed of the Store application in Windows 10. see below.
Step 1 – Click the Start button at the far left of the taskbar, type WSReset.exe, then press Enter.
Step 2 – Wait a minute for the Windows store to reopen.
Check the download speed
Perform these steps:
- Scrolling installation…
- In the “Queue” section under My Games and Applications, note the download speed displayed for the game or application being installed. The current download speed is displayed here. If you see slow speeds (e. g. less than 1 megabit per second), it may take a long time before the download is completed.
Check the status of your network
One of the main reasons why users experience slow downloads has a lot to do with a slow Internet connection. We recommend that you ensure that the network cables are properly connected in all ports when using a cable.
If you are on a wireless connection, make sure there is no problem with the modem. If you think there is a problem, simply restart or reset the modem and try again. If the problem persists, contact your network operator for more information.
Clear the Windows store cache from the command prompt
Windows includes a small utility to clear the local cache of the Windows store from the command prompt. To open the command prompt, right-click on the Start menu (or press Windows+X), select Command prompt (Admin), then click Yes to run it with administrative privileges. At the command prompt, type the following command (or copy and paste), then press Enter to clear the cache.
When you execute the order, it is processed for about 30 seconds, then the Windows Store window opens automatically. Check your updates to see if they work.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.