Last Updated on January 4, 2022
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
On a Windows 10 computer, the “sppsvc” process causes high CPU usage. The “sppsvc” process is part of the “Software Protection Platform service”, which is responsible for downloading, installing, and applying digital licenses for Windows and Windows applications.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to solve the problem of high CPU usage by Software Protection Platform (sppsvc.exe) in Windows 10.
What causes high CPU usage of sppsvc.exe?
- If you are using the original Windows, sppsvc.exe will interfere with third-party applications.
- If you are using pirated versions of Windows, sppsvc runs in the background and tries to authenticate Windows.
How can I fix the high CPU load of sppsvc.exe?
Performing a Windows update
- Press the Windows + I keys and select Updates and security.
- Open the “Windows Updates” section.
- Click Check for updates and wait for a while.
- The system automatically detects available updates.
- If no updates are required, the following message will appear: “Your device is up to date. Last check (date).
- If the system does not need updates, click the Run Updates button.
- Finally, reboot your system and check if this solved the problem of high Sppsvc.exe CPU load.
Restart the Sppsvc.exe process
- Press Win + R, type Regedit, and press Enter.
- In the left pane, navigate to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sppsvc.
- Change the Startup value from any number to 4.
- Then reboot the system and see if disabling sppsvc.exe solved the high CPU load problem.
- If you still find the process in Task Manager, scan the system again with Anti-Malware.
- If the process is no longer active, activate it and check if it is consuming too much CPU.
Start a reboot
- Press the Windows key and type MSConfig.
- Click System Configuration and open the Services tab.
- Check the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and select Disable all.
- Open the Autorun tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Click each launcher item and select Disable.
- Close Task Manager and click OK in the System Configuration window.
- Restart your system.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
In the Settings window, go to System -> About. Scroll down a bit to see information about your PC. You may want to temporarily disable system protection and see if that helps. Open the Run command: type 'rstrui' -> System Protection -> Configure -> Disable System Protection.
This Windows service allows you to download, install and apply digital licenses for Windows and Windows applications. When the service is disabled, the operating system and licensed applications can run in a notification mode.
Sppsvc.exe is a Microsoft Software Protection Platform service, also called sppsvc. It is part of the Microsoft Windows operating system and is an integral part of the Windows operating system. This service is used to prevent piracy and protect against software tampering, which facilitates licensing.