Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Have you encountered printer error 0x000005b3 in Windows 10? This problem was common in Windows 7 and was related to the printing device. Unfortunately, it has been reported in the latest version as well. The problem usually occurs when a third-party printer service or driver interferes with both existing and newly installed printers. To fix this stop code, the first step is to restart the printer spooler service. But in most cases, this remedy is useless.
When you are about to add a network printer, an error message appears – The operation cannot be completed. The error 0x000005b3 appears. It does not matter if you are logged in with a user account or an administrator account. In earlier versions of Windows, when this error was very common, Microsoft introduced patches 50979 (full mode) and 50984 (light mode). Previously, the print spooler was automatically reset, but as mentioned above, this does not work in Windows 10.
What causes network printer setup error 0x00005b3?
Error 0x00005b3 can be caused by corrupted Windows system files. Damaged system file entries can pose a real threat to the well-being of your computer. If you get this error on your PC, it means that your system has malfunctioned.
Some of the most common causes include failed installation or removal of software that may have left invalid entries in the Windows registry, the effects of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to power failure or other factors, accidental deletion of a necessary system file or registry entry by someone with little technical knowledge, and several other reasons.
How to resolve network printer installation error 0x00005b3?
Update the driver
- Press the Windows key and type Device Manager in the search bar.
- Select the Device Manager option.
- Locate the faulty printer device (the problematic driver is indicated by a yellow exclamation mark).
- Right-click on the device name and select Update Driver Software.
- Select the option Automatically check for driver software updates.
- The system should automatically check for available drivers. However, make sure that your Internet connection is correct.
- Finally, reboot Windows to complete the installation.
Check for the latest operating system updates
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to the Update and Security section.
- On the right side, click Check for updates.
- Install the update.
- Wait for Windows to download and install the updates.
- Reboot the system.
Remove existing printers
- Open the Device Manager.
- Right-click the printer driver.
- Select Uninstall Device.
- Select the Uninstall driver software for this device check box.
- Click the Uninstall button and restart your computer.
- This can be done with any printers that are no longer in use.
Starting the printer driver service
- Press the Win and R logo key.
- When the Run window opens, type services.MSC and start the dialog box by clicking OK.
- Find Sprint Spooler in the list and double-click it.
- In the properties, click Run if the status is Off.
- Set it to start automatically.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Reboot the system.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
- Press "Windows" + "R" to open the "Run" dialog box.
- Type "services. msc" and select "OK".
- Double-click the "Print Spooler" service and change the startup type to "Automatic".
- Restart your computer and try installing the printer again.
- Press Win+R (the key with the Windows logo and the R key) simultaneously. A Run dialog box will open.
- Type printmanagement.MSC in the Run window and click OK.
- In the left pane, click All Drivers.
- In the right pane, right-click the printer driver and choose Remove from the pop-up menu.
- Add the printer again.
- Check for the latest operating system updates.
- Run the printer spooler service to fix driver error 0x00005B3.
- Remove existing printers.
- Update the drivers.
- Edit the registry to fix driver error 0x00005B3.
- Access geographically restricted video content using a VPN.
Maybe the USB cable is damaged or the printer is not recognized by the computer. There may also be a problem with the printer driver. Whether the disconnected printer problem occurred suddenly or it has never worked on the network before, you can try the following solutions to fix the problem.