Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you have encountered the fatal error C0000034 when applying the update process and do not know how to fix it, you have come to the right place, because this article will help you. We will show you effective solutions to this error.
New Windows updates can improve your operating system. Therefore, when updates appear, you should install them. However, you may encounter some errors that prevent you from installing Windows updates.
Error C0000034 when applying the update is one such error. If you encounter this error, read on and find solutions in this post.
What is the Cause of the Fatal Error C0000034
The fatal error C0000034 usually occurs when you install an update on your Windows operating system. Instead of rebooting after installing the service pack, the computer shuts down. Another reason is probably the re-installation of updates that come with the service pack.
How to Resolve Fatal Error C0000034
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
Go to Settings -> Update and Security -> Troubleshooting -> select Windows Update Troubleshooter -> launch it.
Windows 10 allows users to quickly resolve technical issues affecting the operating system, including update issues and errors. Try running the built-in Windows Update troubleshooter to fix error C0000034.
Run the DISM command
- Type cmd in the Windows search bar, right-click on the command line, and run it as administrator.
- Enter the following commands and press Enter:
DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth
DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the process to complete (it may take up to 20 minutes), then reboot the computer.
Since error C0000034 is a serious error, you should also use the DISM command to check for system errors. This way, you can restore the integrity of the affected system files.
Reboot your computer
- Go to Search -> type System Configuration -> press Enter
- On the Services tab -> check the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox -> click Disable all.
- On the Run tab -> click Open Task Manager
- On the Task Manager tab, Start -> select All Items -> click Disable.
- Close Task Manager -> restart your computer
- Try to reinstall any updates that are causing problems.
Turn off your antivirus program and firewall
- Go to Start -> type “Firewall” -> double-click Windows Firewall.
- Enable or disable Windows Firewall -> check the two options that allow you to disable the firewall -> click OK.
Update errors caused by your antivirus tool or firewall are more common than you think. The quickest solution is to disable your antivirus and firewall, reboot your computer, and then try to install the updates that caused error C0000034.
If you rely on Windows Defender and Windows Firewall protection, disable them both. If you are using a third-party antivirus solution, be sure to disable its own firewall.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
- Run Startup Repair.
- Reboot your computer.
- Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Update the Windows Update components.
- Turn off your antivirus and firewall software.
- Run the DISM command.
- Find the error code for specific instructions.
- Update the software.
- Update the drivers.
- Uninstall any recently installed programs.
- Restore Windows to a previous state.
- Disable unnecessary background programs.
- Remove temporary files.
- Free up space on your hard drive.
In computer science, a fatal error or fatal exception is an error that causes a program to terminate and therefore allows the user to return to the operating system. When this occurs, the data that the program was processing may be lost.
A fatal error occurs when an application attempts to access invalid data or code, when an illegal action is taken, or when an undefined condition is met. The application crashes and sends the user back to the operating system.