Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Many of us have had to use OneDrive to access and share files anywhere. With OneDrive, you can securely store and access your files from any device – PC, Mac, smartphone, iPad or iPod. Another feature of OneDrive that many of us have not used is that if you forgot to put your files in the OneDrive folder, you can access your Windows PC and remotely recover that file or any other file. As long as your PC is turned on with the file and OneDrive is running, you can access any file from anywhere.
Let’s see how it works!
NOTE: SkyDrive is now OneDrive
As mentioned, OneDrive must run on the PC. If you have not yet installed the OneDrive application, get the free OneDrive Desktop application and install it. During installation, leave the marked files on this PC available on my other devices that allow you to recover your files from anywhere.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
If you have already configured it but have not noticed this option (although it is enabled by default), no problem. You can do this via the OneDrive System Tray icon.
Right-click the OneDrive > Settings icon, select the Make files available on this PC on my other devices check box and press OK.
Once this is done, your PC is accessible from your other devices.
Now from your other device, for example another PC or even a smartphone, open Internet Explorer or another browser and connect to OneDrive.com.
Your remote PC running the OneDrive application from which you want to recover files is displayed under’PC’. Select the computer by clicking on its name.
In some cases, when you click the PC name to browse the remote PC, a security code is sent to the device from which you are accessing the remote PC.
A code is sent by the Microsoft account team to the email associated with the account to be entered for security screening. This is a unique process for Trusted PCs. Once this is done, you can access this PC remotely.
You can now search the entire PC as if you were sitting in front of it. You cannot delete or modify the forgotten file, but you can view, print or download it. Would you like to show a picture to someone on your PC at home? You can even stream videos and photos in a slide show.
This feature is very useful for those who want to access PCs remotely and have not backed up files to SkyDrive or have forgotten to do so. As already mentioned, you can even access your PC via OneDrive with your mobile device, for example Windows Phones, iPad, Android Tab and so on.
Here are some screenshots of the PC with iPod
When you connect to OneDrive.com on your iPod, be sure to scroll down and click’PC Site’ to get the full version. And start searching for the PC remotely.
It’s all so simple – but so useful!
Some points to note:
- You can use a Mac to recover files from a Windows PC, but you cannot recover files that are on a Mac.
- If the Recovery Files setting is not available on your PC on a network, group policy can block it. Contact Network Admin.
- To check whether OneDrive is running on a PC or not, locate the OneDrive icon in the notification area (bottom right of the taskbar). If not, search for OneDrive and click Microsoft OneDrive. This opens your OneDrive folder and starts OneDriveYou can even enable the’SkyDrive/OneDrive automatically when I connect to Windows’ option in the settings.
Try it – access your PC via your smartphone or another PC with OneDrive and let us know how it works for you!
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here