Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Firefox users know how their favorite browser tends to slow, freeze or crash over time. Although you can always try to solve such problems by freezing or crashing Firefox if it does not work for you, you may consider the option to update or reset the Firefox settings that the browser offers. Like Internet Explorer’s Reset function, Firefox’s Reset function is reset to the default settings.
UPDATE : In later versions of Firefox, you will see one Refresh Firefox – Give Firefox a Tune up button instead of Reset Firefox. You can also customize and update your Mozilla Firefox browser online.
Reset Firefox settings
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
To reset Firefox settings, open Help > Troubleshooting information or simply type about:support in the address bar and press Enter.
Top right, you see the option to set Firefox to the default state. If you have problems with your Firefox, you can use this button.
Once you click the Reset Firefox button, all your Firefox settings, including the search engine and home page, will be reset to the default settings. It also removes extensions, synchronization settings, open tabs, tab groups, fields and toolbars. However, your passwords, form data, browser history, favorites or bookmarks, cookies and plug-ins are not deleted. Instead, they are moved to a new profile.
Firefox creates a new profile folder for you, saving your most important data such as Firefox settings and personal information.
Firefox stores the following data:
- Browser history
- Information to automatically fill Web forms
- Personal dictionary
Firefox deletes or restores the following items and settings :
- Open site-specific settings, search engines, download history, DOM memory, security certificate settings, security device settings, download actions, MIME plug-in types, toolbar customizations, and user styles
- All Firefox services, including Facebook Messenger for Firefox, will be deleted.
Windows 10 Users – see how to reset Microsoft Edge Browser default settings.
Tomorrow, we will see how to reset the chrome settings to the default settings.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here