Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Imagine a situation where you can normally connect to your system with cached credentials and receive the following error message:
We cannot sign you with this document because your domain is not available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization’s network and try again. If you have already connected to this device with a different identifier, you can use this identifier to connect
Ideally, when users report a domain access problem, they delete the domain computer(s) and join them. Usually, however, this does not help. Some other preliminary steps that could be tried are trying to boot the system without a network connection, deleting the local profile directory for the user, changing the GPO for event log retention, and so on.
We cannot sign you with this privilege because your domain is not available
If it does not work, we can continue the following troubleshooting :
1] Delete user from protected user group
Many users who reported this problem reported the cause because the user was added to a specially protected user group in Active Directory. For proprietary systems, please contact your system administrator. To learn more about protected user groups, visit docs.microsoft.com.
2] Check the DNS
A conflict with the DNS settings can cause this error. See this reference to learn more about the correct DNS settings.
3] Use the snap-in
Please back up your data before attempting this update.
- Press Win + R to open the Run window and enter the secpol.msc command. Press Enter to open the security policy snap-in.
- In the Security Policy pop-up window, go to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
- Look for the right pane for policy Interactive Login: Number of previous cache connections (if the domain controller is not available) . Double-click the strategy to change the value of the strategy.
- Set Do not cache logons to 0
This patch was made from the Microsoft Answers website.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here