RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
System resources, such as variable data, registry data and even data in memory, can cause inconsistencies during the life of the operating system. These inconsistencies can be caused by various hardware failures or software problems. In some cases, these inconsistencies may affect the Windows service store and cause a Windows update to fail. If the update fails, the user is prevented from installing updates and service packs.
System update preparation tool
System update preparation tool or CheckSUR corrects this problem. These updates include the Check for System Update Readiness (CheckSUR) tool (CheckSUR). The CheckSUR tool checks your computer for inconsistencies and corrects them during installation. Please note that the analysis may take up to 15 minutes or more on some computers. Even if the progress bar seems to stop, scanning will continue, so don’t give up.
Run Microsoft CheckSUR
Users of Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 can follow the download links listed here and download and run the package for their operating system.
The tool checks the integrity of files in the following folders and replaces erroneous data if found:
- %SYSTEMROOT%Maintenance Packages
- %SYSTEMROOT%WinSxS manifest
It also checks registry data located among the following registry subkeys and resets them to default values if necessary :
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE components
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE scheme
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE softwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionComponent based maintenance
Here are the installation errors that CheckSUR can correct :
- 0x80070002 NOT_FOUND_FILE
- 0x8007000D ERRONEOUS DATA
- 0x8007370D ERROR_SXS_IDENTITY_PARSE_ERROR
- 0x8007370B ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_IDENTITE_ATTRIBUTE_NAME
- 0x8007371B ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE
- 0x80070490 ERROR_NOT_FOUND
- 0x8007370A ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_VAL
- 0x80070057 ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER
- 0x800B0100 TRUST_D_NOSIGNATURE
- 0x800F081F CBS_D_SOURCE_MISSING
- 0x80073712 ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
- 0x800736CC ERROR_SXS_FILE_HASH_MISMATCH
- 0x800705B9 ERROR_XML_PARSE_ERROR
- 0x80070246 ERROR_ILLEGAL_CHARACTER
- 0x80092003 CRYPT_D_FILE_ERROR
- 0x800B0101 CERT_D_ABGELAUFEN
These errors are usually recorded in the file %systemroot%LogsCBSCBS. log or in the file CBS.persist.log.
The System Update Preparation Tool supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008;
(Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8.1 can perform these steps to perform integrated management of deployment imagery and maintenance. In Windows 10/8.1/8, fixing inbox corruption brings CheckSUR functionality to Windows. You do not need a separate download to get the tool. You can simply run DISM Tool.
Press Win+C or delete and select Search. Enter CMD in the search field and press’Enter’. Then right-click on the command prompt and select’Run as administrator’.
In Administrator: Prompt, type the following commands exactly as they appear. After each command, press Enter :
0x8007000DDISM.exe /Online /Clean Image /Health0x8007370D 0x8007000DDISM.exe /Online /Clean Image /Clean Image /Restore Health0x8007370D
When finished, type Exit and press EnterEnterRun Windows Update again.
You may also be interested in:
- Windows Update does not work or the Windows Update blank page
- cannot be installed on Windows.