Last Updated on November 21, 2019
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Streamlabs is one of the most popular streaming tools, whether you are on Twitch, Mixer or YouTube. It offers a wide range of services, including overlay, donation management and personalized notifications, and it improves your streaming experience. Streamlabs OBS attracts your cat into the program window, so you don’t need to open a browser or a third-party application to see what’s going on.
How to Stream and Add Widgets in Streamlabs OBS
Setting up the Streamlabs OBS
- Obtain Stream Key.
- Via Twitch: Open to Twitch. Click on the name of your profile and select the dashboard you will find at the top right by clicking on the Channel tab of the dashboard and you will find your primary flow key. Copy and paste it into the OBS settings of the stream laboratories.
- Via YouTube: Open YouTube. Click on the image of your profile, then on the design studio. Go to Creator Studio Classic. Click Live Streaming, then scroll down to find a tab called Encoder Setup. Below is the Flow Key. Insert it into the OBS settings of the stream laboratories.
- Download Streamlabs OBS and install the software.
- Start it and click Add New Source.
- Select the Game Capture or Game Capture option, then click Add Source.
- Locate the Mode tab and select a capture for any full-screen application, then select Done.
- Open the Settings window by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the software.
- Click on’Stream’ here.
- Add your streaming key.
- Return to the Stream Labs settings and select the Output tab.
- Select your encoder and bit rate.
- To add a theme, click on a package of themes and download it by clicking on the Install Overlay button.
Add widgets to the OBS
- Make sure that the browser source is installed. If properly installed, you should be able to add a “browser source” to your scenes in OBS.
- Copy your widget link. Go to the page of the widget you want to add. Copy the unique link for this widget above.
- Add the source of your browser. Create a new browser source in OBS, then, when asked for a link, insert your widget link.
- To add the Alertbox, click on “Alertbox” in the left sidebar. Then copy your “Alert Box Link” at the top of the page. The alert box allows you to display on-screen alerts for your followers, tips and subscribers.
- To add Donation goals, go to the donation box page, https://streamlabs.com/dashboard#/donationgoal
- Define your donation goals. When you are finished, click on the large green “Start Donation Purpose” button.
- Customize the donation goal bar by clicking on the large green “Donation Goal Widget” button.
- Add the widget. Press the Save Settings button. Copy and paste the link above and paste it into your streaming software.
- To add the Chatbox, go to http://www.streamlabs.com/dashboard/chat-box and copy your own link above and paste it into your streaming software.
- To add the Event List, copy the URL at the top of the event list page https://streamlabs.com/dashboard#/eventlist and paste it into your streaming software.
- To add the Donation Ticker, go to https://streamlabs.com/dashboard#/donationticker Copy the link above and paste it into your streaming software.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.