RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
In some cases, if you have the specific start and end dates, you may need to list all the data between these two dates in Microsoft Excel. This tutorial covers methods to list all data between two dates in Excel.
How can I extract all records between two data in Excel?
Basic date ranges
You can create a formula or use an integrated function to create date ranges, read on to learn more.
Now you know that the data are numbers in Excel. You can easily create a date range by adding a number to a date.
The following image shows a start date of 15/11/2017, where the number 7 is added to this date, 22/11/2017.
This way, you can quickly create date ranges by simply adding a number to a date.
- Now select cell B4 and enter =C3+1
- Copy cell C3 and paste it into cell C4.
- The cell references change when you copy a cell and paste it into a new cell, and I will use it now.
Create a list of sequential appointments in Excel with the fill handle.
Microsoft Excel has a filling handle that makes it easy to create a list of consecutive data. Although this does not help with data between two given dates, using this option is much easier than using the formula.
- Simply enter the date in cell A1 and click somewhere outside the cell. Then click on the cell again to activate the filling handle.
- Drag the fill handle down to create a list of sequential appointments in Excel.
- Select the cell that contains the first date. Drag the Fill handle onto the adjacent cells you want to fill with sequential data.
- Select the filling handle in the lower right corner of the cell, hold it down and slide it to fill the rest of the series. The filling handles can be slid up, down or on a spreadsheet.
Use the Fill command.
- Select the cell with the first date. Then select the range of cells you want to fill.
- Select Home > Edit > Fill > Series > Date unit. Select the desired unit.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.