RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
In a world saturated with social media applications, Discord creates a surprisingly cool environment. Moderators can create large user communities with multiple chat environments for different purposes.
However, like Slack, newcomers need to be added to these groups, which means you can’t just move up and view user content the way Reddit, Instagram or Facebook does. First, an invitation must be sent out.
How to Add People using Discord User Search
The fastest way to add people to Discord is to search for your friends using the Discord user tag.
- Log in to your Discord account from the Discord login screen in your web browser.
- From the home screen of your Discord account dashboard page, select Friends, which is located on the left side of the screen. The Friends menu should open on the right side of your screen.
- At the top of the menu, select Add Friends. This will open a window with a large search box where you can search for your friends by their username, also known as DiscordTag.
- In the large search box, type the DiscordTag of the person you want to add. When you’re done, select Send Friend Request at the bottom of the search box.
Add People on Discord though their Profile Button
You can also easily add your friend by finding the add request directly in his profile. See for yourself how easy it is:
- Right click on your avatar, either in the user list or in the chat window.
- Click on the “Profile” button
- Click on the big green button!
Even cooler: if you go a bit further in the right-click menu, you’ll see the possibility to add your boyfriend directly in the menu. One click and you’re ready to go!
Use the Discord Friends List Window
If you’ve added friends to your friends list, you don’t need to share a server to send DMs, create group chats, or check their online status. You have direct access to each of these things directly from the Friends window.
To access your Friends List window:
- When you are connected to Discord, click on the Discord icon in the upper left corner of the screen (it should be above the list of servers you are sharing with).
- On the Discord menu, click the “Friends” icon to the right of the list of your servers.
- If you have already added friends, you can sort them all in the “Friends List” window. You can switch from one tab to another depending on how you want the list to appear :
- Technically, only those you are ready to call friends are in the “Online” or “All” tabs. When viewing the lists, the information is divided into three columns :
- You can open a DM with one of your friends by clicking on the horizontal bar that appears when you pass your mouse over one of the friends. If you share a server, you can also click on the name of the server to directly access the channel #general of this server.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.