Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
On a Windows 10 computer, the latest version of the Malwarebytes security program cannot be installed with the error “An error occurred”. After some research, I realized that the Malwarebytes installation problem “An error occurred” occurs when an earlier version of the program was installed and not properly removed.
Every computer should be equipped with an industry-recognized antivirus to protect you from threats. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a state-of-the-art antivirus that detects and removes Trojans, worms, red, rootkits, spyware and other dangerous malware from your PC. To install and configure Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your computer, follow these simple and illustrated steps.
How to Fix Install Malwarebytes “An error occurred” Problem:
Delete the Malwarebytes folder.
- Open the File Explorer and browse to the folder C:\Program Files.
- Delete the Malwarebytes folder.
- Try to install Malwarebytes. Normally, installation is carried out without any problems.
Remove previous versions of Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes support tool.
1 Download and run the Malwarebytes support tool.
2. accept the license agreement and click on Next.
3. On the left, select Advanced, then Clean.
4. Click Yes to remove all Malwarebytes products, then click OK to restart your computer.
5. After the restart, install Malwarebytes.
Many may find that reinstalling Malwarebytes is sufficient to solve service connection problems. Note that for those who have registered for the Pro version of Malwarebytes, it may take a few additional steps.
- Before you do anything, make sure you get your ID and Malwarebytes key back, if applicable. Copying and pasting into a notepad or Word document is a good option.
- First of all, you must open Malwarebytes and go to the settings. In the Advanced Settings section, make sure that the Enable self-protection module check box is not checked.
- Then go to “My account” and then “Disable”. Then disable Malwarebytes.
- Go to the Malwarebytes website and download mbam-clean.exe.
- Close all currently running programs and make sure your antivirus software is disabled. Locate the file mbam-clean.exe and start the program. Follow the instructions that guide you through the program and restart the computer when prompted.
- Once your computer is restarted, visit the Malwarebytes website and download the latest version of Malwarebytes.
- If you are running Malwarebytes, uncheck the “Evaluation version” box and copy/paste your credentials into the program if you have them.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.