Updated March 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Disable antivirus applications.
Troubleshooting the audio driver.
Recovery of damaged system files.
Update Windows with Media Tool Creation.
Use the Windows Update troubleshooter.
Disable virus protection.
Remove audio drivers.
Restart the Windows Service Update.
Run SFC and DISM checks.
Perform a clean boot.
Create a new user account.
Perform an in-place upgrade.
Use the Windows Update troubleshooter.
Reset Windows Update components.
Clear the Windows Update cache.
Set up a firewall or antivirus.
Run Windows updates in clean state boot mode.
Make sure the Windows Update service is running.
Use third party software to resolve Windows issues.
Run the SFC and DISM tools.
Try updating the repair.
Check the EnableFeaturedSoftware data.
Restart the network list service.
Run the Windows 10 Troubleshooter Update.
The error code 0x8007001f often occurs when you try to install the Windows 10 anniversary update. For many users, the error appears before the update is fully downloaded. This error code is often followed by a message that prompts the user to contact Microsoft to correct the error.
The error 0x8007001f also occurs after the update to Windows 10. In addition, it is accompanied by other symptoms such as lack of Bluetooth connectivity and lack of sound. Most of the time, it is due to a defective audio driver or a compatibility problem between Windows 10 and your computer’s hardware.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
This automated troubleshooting helps you identify and correct errors that occurred during the update.
Windows includes an integrated troubleshooting feature that can help you troubleshoot a failed update. This is the easiest way to try it, so go ahead and do it first. The troubleshooter performs three actions:
Windows Update Services is closed.
The folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution is renamed C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old, which essentially clears the Windows Update download cache to start over.
The Windows Update services are restarted.
Disable the antivirus program
Although your antivirus program offers protection against malware, it can sometimes disrupt your system and cause an error 0x8007001F. To solve this problem, we recommend that you modify your antivirus settings and disable some functions. If this does not help you, you may need to temporarily disable your antivirus protection.
Restart the Windows Update Service
The update service can cause various update problems. In addition, it is known for high CPU usage on some occasions for no apparent reason. Nevertheless, we will show you a possible workaround solution that can be used for most update errors. And the one we are talking about right now is no exception.
- Press Windows + R and enter the file services.msc. Now press Enter or click OK.
- Search for Windows Update in the list of services. Right-click and open Properties.
- Now select Off as the Startup Type.
- Save the changes and restart your PC.
- Check the services again and make sure that Windows Update is disabled.
- Navigate to C:\Windows and find the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Rename the folder to SoftwareDistribution.OLD (you can also delete it, but why take unnecessary risks?
- Navigate back to the services and search for Windows Update and change the startup type in the properties from Disabled to Manual.
- Go to Start and open the settings on the left side.
- Open Update and Security and check if they are updates.
Update the audio driver.
Some driver updates may have been missed due to a poor Internet connection or errors. Try to repair it by updating the driver or reinstalling it.
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager and select it from the list of results.
- Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or hold down) and select Update Driver. For video cards, expand the Display Adapter category, right-click on your video card and select Update Driver.
- Select Automatically check for driver update.
- If Windows does not find a new driver, you can search for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow the device manufacturer’s instructions.
If these steps do not work, try reinstalling the driver: Open the Device Manager, right-click on the device name (or press and hold), and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows tries to reinstall the driver.
Finally, the error code 0x8007001f can be addressed by several methods. The error code may occur when updating Windows 10 or due to a defective audio driver. However, it can be repaired and you can continue to use your computer.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.