RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
When MacOS Mojave was released earlier this month, one of its best features was something called Dynamic Desktop. This feature allows you to change the desktop background during the day to one of 16 images of the same Mojave Desert scene that reflects your computer’s current time. In Windows 10, there is a tool called WinDynamicDesktop.
When a user installs WinDynamicDesktop, the program asks him where he lives. It then uses this information to determine the correct sunrise and sunset times for your location in order to display the right pictures. It then downloads the 16 high-resolution images used by the MacOS Mojava DynamicDesktop function and has Windows review them throughout the day.
WinDynamicDesktop is an open source application from developer Timothy Johnson, which mimics the function very well. You can download it (and its source code) from GitHub.
Apple’s Dynamic Desktop is available in the new version of MacOS, and it can automatically change the wallpaper on the Mac device, but unlike Windows 10, it works with a number of settings such as day and night.
The WinDynamicDesktop application works in a similar way. It automatically replaces the wallpaper of your Windows 10 device when the clock runs day and night.
Windows 10 natively supports switching between several wallpapers, but it is not based on a day and night schedule, that’s why I wrote this application for that. Just run it, enter your location and close the application, then it will reduce to your system tray and change backgrounds in the background.
How to Get the MacOS Dynamic Desktop Feature on Windows 10
It is an application that creates the same effect as the dynamic MacOS desktop on Windows 10. It uses many wallpapers photographed at different times to give you a dynamic desktop experience.
- First visit this link and download the .exe file from WinDynamicDesktop.
- Once downloaded, open the application and select the language to be used during installation.
- You will now be prompted to accept the license agreement. Just select “I accept the agreement” and click on “Next”.
- You will then be asked to select the language to be used in WinDynamicDesktop. Select the language and click on “Ok”.
- On the next page, you will be asked to configure the timing. You will have to indicate your current location.
- You will now see a list of dynamic themes. Select the topic and click “Apply”.
- Wait for the tool to download the topic from the Internet.
- Once this is done, the dynamic theme will be applied to your Windows 10 PC.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.