Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
The “Mozilla Firefox cannot load XPCOM” error is one of the most common and frequent problems that many Windows users face. When this error occurs, Mozilla Firefox cannot be opened and the following error message appears on the screen.
Mozilla Firefox XPCOM can’t load problem can occur in a Windows-based system when users try to access the Mozilla Firefox web browser after a Windows OS update. Also, this annoying error can occur due to the corruption of the Mozilla Firefox profile folder.
What is the cause of “XPCOM cannot be loaded”?
Often the XPCOM error occurs after installing a Windows update, but there are other reasons as well.
- Your system is infected with a virus or malware.
- Installing third-party extensions for the Firefox browser can also cause this problem.
- If the Firefox profile folder is corrupted, it may cause the ‘XPCOM cannot be loaded’ error.
How to resolve the ‘XPCOM cannot load’ error message?
Create a new profile on Firefox
- Press the Windows + R keys and type firefox.exe -p.
- Press Enter or press OK.
- Click Create Profile.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for your new profile and click Finish.
- If you prefer, you can also specify the directory in which the profile will be saved.
- Select the profile you just created and click Run Firefox.
Delete everything in the Temp folder and disable the antivirus program
- Press Windows + R and type %temp%.
- Press Enter or press OK.
- The Temp folder opens.
- Select all files in the Temp folder and delete them.
Completely uninstall Firefox and reinstall it
Delete these folders:
- C: Program FilesMozilla Firefox.
If you are running the 32-bit version of Windows 10
- C:\Programs(x86)\Mozilla Firefox
Frequently Asked Questions
The error message about missing XPCOM or platform version usually occurs because the Firefox update failed, leaving a mix of old and updated files in the Firefox program folder. You should perform a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder to make sure all files are replaced.
This problem is usually solved by a clean reinstall that deletes the Firefox program folder. The missing XPCOM or platform version error message usually occurs because the Firefox update failed, leaving a mixture of old and updated files in the Firefox program folder.
- Download the new installer for Firefox from the manufacturer's website at the appropriate location.
- Scroll down to the language you want.
- Quit Firefox (if applicable).
- Run the installer you downloaded.
The "XPCOM cannot be loaded" error is usually caused by a corrupt or missing DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file. Corresponding errors usually occur when a program cannot process the file while it is in use.