Usually IT specialists and support staff are aware of error 42102 in Avast! Antivirus as a form of “runtime error”. The developers at AVAST Software rate Avast Antivirus with several industry-standard error correction modules. Like everything in life, problems like error 42102 sometimes go unnoticed.
Avast antivirus users may encounter error 42102 if they use the program regularly. It is also called “AVAST_MACROVIR_EXCEPTION [exception in macro virus code]”. When error 42102 occurs, the software user has the option to report this problem to the developer. AVAST Software will then fix the errors and provide an update file for download. This situation occurs because an update of the Avast antivirus program is one of the solutions for error 42102 and other problems.
What causes an exception 42102 in macro virus code?
- Running a scan cannot remove the malicious code: This error can really occur because Avast is unable to deal with this security threat. In this case, you can probably remove the malicious code with a more powerful tool such as Malwarebytes.
- Avast version is outdated: It is known that this type of scanning on startup may not work if you are using an outdated version of Avast. In this case, you can solve the problem by updating your current version of Avast to the latest version available.
How to resolve the error 42102 (Exception in macro viruses code)?
Uninstall your antivirus program
- Open the Settings app and go to the Applications section.
- Find Avast in the list, select it and click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the software.
- After uninstalling the application, you can continue to use Windows Defender, which is more than a powerful antivirus.
However, if you need advanced protection with more advanced security features, consider switching to another antivirus program.
Make sure you have the latest anti-virus version
Sometimes Avast 42102 error can occur when there is a bug in the software. However, developers are aware of such a problem and if you encounter it, make sure to update Avast.
Sometimes updating virus definitions fixes the problem, but it is also recommended to download and install the latest version of Avast.
Disregard the error message
Depending on the circumstances, sometimes you can ignore the Avast 42102 error message. In some cases, it may appear if the antivirus program detects a false positive. If you know that the file being scanned is from a reliable source and is not malicious, you can safely ignore this message.
You will also see this message if the files you are trying to scan are corrupted. In this case, you will usually see a message stating that the file you are trying to scan is corrupt. It should be noted that many users have reported this error message only when using a boot scan. The startup scan is no more effective than the normal scan, and if the error only occurs during the startup scan, you can simply ignore the message.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Close the conflicting programs.
- Perform a disk cleanup.
- Update/delete the conflicting programs. Use the control panel.
- Update your virus protection software or download and install the latest Windows update.
- Reinstall the runtime libraries.
- Reinstall the graphics driver.
A macro virus is defined as "a computer virus written in the same macro language used for software applications such as word processors." Microsoft Word and Excel are two examples of applications with powerful macro languages that are embedded in documents and run automatically when they are opened.
A macro virus is a computer virus written in the same macro language that is used for software applications such as word processors. Microsoft Word and Excel are two examples of applications with powerful macro languages. The languages are embedded in documents.