RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Error code 0x8007007e – problem with Microsoft Office Outlook 2016. It does not allow the user to send or receive e-mails. It can be very unpleasant and problematic. The majority of users who have encountered this problem have faced it after upgrading Outlook 2013 (or any other predecessor of Outlook 2016) to Outlook 2016. Since many users are constantly updating In the latest version of Outlook, this error code looks as if asking a question.
Reasons for the 0x8007007e Error in Outlook
- Outlook is not fully installed
- Viral infection
- Due to damaged e-mail messages
- Incorrect shutdown of the system and Outlook
- Wrong Windows registry entries
- Delete the required system file or registry entry
- Acute PST file corruption
If you get error code 0x8007007E on your Windows 10/8/7 computer, find the solution and you are in the right place. Error code 0x8007007E may occur in the following three scenarios. This article contains some suggestions that may help you solve your problem:
Repair Microsoft Office
- Press the Windows + R key to get the RUN command. Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open “Installing and uninstalling programs”.
- Find the Microsoft Office application in the list of programs, right-click it and select “Edit”.
- Select “Restore” and click “Next”. This may take a few minutes. You can just sit back and relax.
Manually delete the contents of the software distribution folder
Windows will upload all update files to this folder. It acts as a buffer before installing on a Windows 10 computer. Remember to manually delete the contents of the software distribution folder (C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution \ DataStore). Before deleting these files, you must stop the Windows Update Center services. Then restart the Windows Update Center service.
This applies to both standalone computers and corporate computers.
Update the Windows operating system
1) Download the repair program.
2) Install the program and click the “Scan” button.
3) Click “Fix Errors” when you have finished scanning.
4) Reboot your computer.
Warning. Before making any changes to your computer, we recommend that you create a system restore point so that you can restore your computer to its previous operating state if something goes wrong.
Run Outlook as an Administrator
Running Outlook 2016 as an administrator is the best solution for 0x8007007e error code. Running Outlook 2016 as administrator seems to be suitable for almost everyone who suffers from 0x8007007e error so they will be able to send and/or receive emails through Office 2016 again. However, some users should know that these Those who have tried this method have found that some other Outlook features, although not the main ones, somehow depend on running the program with administrator rights.
- Right-click on Outlook 2016.
- Click Run as administrator.
- You should be able to run your business as usual using Outlook 2016 with administrator rights.
If this solves the problem, it is best to configure Outlook to always run as an administrator. To do this, go to “Properties”, right-click the Outlook application and select “Properties” or “Open location”. When you see the file and are in Properties, go to the “Compatibility” tab and check the “Run this program as administrator” box. Click OK and check.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.