RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Skype users from all over the world can invite anyone to participate in a Skype chat by sharing a unique Skype Meeting link via a Skype web application for businesses. No Skype account or application download is required for this purpose. If you want to know how to do it, check out this tutorial.
There are two ways to meet Skype users for businesses: from Outlook or from Skype’s “Meet Now” feature for businesses. To schedule a Skype meeting in Outlook, do the following:
How do I invite someone to chat on Skype on the desktop?
Skype for Windows, Mac, Linux, Linux, Web and Skype for Windows 10 (Version 14)
- Select your profile photo.
- Choose Split profile.
- You can do this in the Share and Login window:
- Copy your shortcut link to your desktop clipboard.
- Send your sharing link in an email from your desktop.
- Once they have accepted, you can discuss with your new contact.
Skype for Windows 10 (version 12)
- Select the New Chat Plus button.
- Select Send link at the bottom of the new chat window.
- An invitation link will be generated automatically and you can choose:
- Copy link: The link will be automatically copied to the clipboard.
- Email link: A sharing link is automatically generated in an email.
- Once you have accepted, you can discuss with your new contact.
Skype Web Application for Business
Skype for Business offers additional licensing features that your subscribers can use. You can connect by phone using a phone number if they can’t connect via Skype. For example, if they commute and cannot use their laptop or tablet, they can call with their mobile phone.
- Once the recipient receives the request and opens the meeting request in their email or calendar, they can select the Test Skype Web App link if they have not installed the client’s desktop version.
- On Skype’s login page for corporate web applications, he or she can then enter the name and select Join Meeting or retrieve the meeting link in the Meeting window. For that,
- The invited person can go to the Skype meeting window for businesses and after a tour”……….. “in the lower right corner of the window.
Schedule an online meeting with Outlook.
- Open Outlook and access your calendar.
- On the Home tab, select Meeting.
- Select Skype Meeting or Team Meeting.
- For Skype meetings, call information is immediately added to the meeting invitation. For team meetings, details are added to the invitation as soon as the meeting organizer sends the invitation.
- Complete meeting information as required, including meeting platforms.
- Select Send.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.