RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Under Windows 10, there is an integrated photo application that allows you to view images and make basic changes. Its tile is attached to the Start menu. In addition, the application is assigned to most image file formats immediately after unpacking. Finally, the Windows Photo app has the ability to tag people in the photos stored in your collection.
Windows 10 comes with a Photo application that replaces Windows Photo Viewer and Photo Gallery. Photos provides a very simple feature to display images from the user’s local disk or OneDrive cloud storage. Windows 10 includes this application instead of the good old Windows Photo Viewer of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. The Photo application is defined as the default application. The Photo application allows you to browse, share and edit your photos and photo collection. With the latest updates, the application has a brand new Story Remix feature that allows you to apply a variety of fanciful 3D effects to your photos and videos. In addition, the ability to cut and merge videos has been added.
Enable the People option in the View and Edit section.
- Type “Photos” in the search bar of Windows 10 and press Enter.
- Then click on the’Learn more’ option (visible as 3 horizontal points) and select’Settings’.
- Scroll down to the “View and edit” section and activate the “People” option.
- By activating the “Enabled” option, you allow the photo application to use its face detection function to group people on your photos and videos. The data collected during this process will be stored on your device.
- Well, all you have to do is start marking people.
How to find and tag people in the Photos application?
- Manually tagging people with their names is the new option that will be available after the last update of the Photos application.
- To create a tag, you must go to the People tab of the application. You will see the Start Tagging button when you click on the People tab in the photo application.
- After clicking on the Start tagging option, you can add a name for this person at the top of the windows and select a person from your address book or a new contact name.
This is a small feature in the grand style of things, but it should be incredibly convenient for anyone who relies on the standard photo application to organize their photos. This now seems to be available to everyone, as we discovered in the uninitiated and initiated versions of Photos version 2018.18022.15810.0 and above.
Finally, it should be noted that not all users obviously have this feature yet, so either Microsoft will activate it remotely or the company will simply test it by A/B with people from within.
Let us know if you have received the latest update of Windows 10 Photos with the new tagging feature in the comments below.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.