Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
We have analyzed several reports and found that error code 0x8024500c can occur when installing Windows updates or updating Windows Store apps. In this Windows Bulletin post, we will tell you how to fix error code 0x8024500c in different situations.
Error code 0x8024500c can occur when you try to install Windows Update or update Windows Store apps. Windows Update error 0x8024500c indicates that the Windows Update service is probably blocked. Windows Store error 0x8024500c may be caused by a corrupted Windows Store data cache.
In the next section, we will show you how to troubleshoot error codes 0x8024500c in different situations.
What causes error 0x8024500c when installing Windows updates
Damaged system files: Damaged system files are another possible cause that can interrupt Windows Update or Windows Store apps. To solve the problem in this particular case, the most effective method is to run a set of utilities (DISM and SFC) that can repair the corrupted system file.
Corrupted data in the Microsoft Store cache: If the problem occurs in the Microsoft Store, chances are that it is caused by one or more temporary files that interfere with the operating system’s ability to establish and maintain connections to external Microsoft servers. In this case, you may be able to resolve the problem by resetting the Microsoft Store cache.
Common Problem: It turns out that this particular problem can arise from common errors in the Windows Store and Windows Update. In this case, the most cost-effective solution is to run Windows Update or troubleshoot Windows Store apps (depending on the component involved).
VPN or proxy interference: It turns out that this particular error code can also occur because the connection to an external server is interrupted because the connection is filtered by the VPN network or proxy server. To solve the problem in this case, you need to remove the VPN client or disable the proxy server you are currently using.
Damaged temporary WU data: When the problem occurs with Windows Update, it is possible that an incomplete update or a failed update due to machine downtime could leave some important services suspended. In this case, you may be able to resolve the problem by resetting all affected components.
How to resolve error 0x8024500c when installing Windows updates
Launch Windows Update Troubleshooter
You can run the Windows Update Center Troubleshooter, as it can also help you fix Windows Update Center error 0x8024500C.
- To run it, go to Settings and select Troubleshooting from the options.
- From there, click on Windows Update Center, then click on Run Troubleshooting.
- Then follow the instructions on the next screen, and you’ll be fine.
Clear Windows Store cache
- Press the Windows + S keys and type wsreset.
- Right-click on wsreset and select Run as administrator.
- When prompted to manage user accounts, click Yes and wait for the system to reset the memory cache.
- When the process completes, a command prompt window will appear, followed by a Windows Store window.
Check the status of all Windows Update services
You need to check if all the services that support Windows Update Center are working or not. The main services supported by the Windows Update Center are the following:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
- Delivery optimization.
- Windows Update Center.
- Windows Update Center medical service.
- You can check if these services are working properly.
- To do this, first, search for the services in the Cortana search box.
- Select the appropriate result.
- Now, for all of the above services, make sure that the status is set to “Running”.
- If you don’t see “Running”, right-click on the entry and select Start.
Disable Proxy Server
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type inetcpl.cpl in the box and press Enter to bring up Internet properties.
- Then go to the Connections tab and select LAN Settings.
- Uncheck “Use a proxy server” for your local network and make sure that “Automatically detect settings” is checked.
- Now click the OK and Apply buttons.
- Reboot your computer.
Tip: If you are using a third-party proxy service, you should disable it.
This article has presented different situations of Windows error 0x8024500c and shown different solutions based on different error situations. If you have the best solution to fix Windows error code 0x8024500c, you can share it with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- After successfully navigating to the Troubleshooting tab, go to the right side of the screen and scroll down to the Run section.
- After launching the utility, wait for the first scan to complete.
Error code 0x8024500c can occur when you try to install Windows updates or update Windows Store applications. Windows Update error 0x8024500c indicates that the Windows Update service is probably blocked. Windows Store error 0x8024500c may be caused by a corrupted Windows Store data cache.
- Press the Windows key and the I key at the same time to open Settings.
- Then select Update and security to continue.
- Click on the Troubleshooting tab, then scroll down and find the Windows Store apps section.
- Click it and select Run Troubleshooter to continue.
- Try again.
- Delete your temporary files and browser cache.
- Turn off the firewall and antivirus software.
- Run the SFC and DISM.
- Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Manually reset Windows Update components to default settings.
- Use FixWU.
- Empty the folder containing the software distribution.