With so many Windows updates in the background, you never know exactly which Web site URL is the source of the latest driver update on your PC. Knowing direct URLs can be particularly useful if you want to have manual control over driver updates or after restarting your PC.
Identify the direct URL for Windows update driversOnly admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode
Here is a method you can use to identify the direct URL for a Windows update driver in Windows 10/8/7. This method includes the following steps:
- Stop Windows Update Service
- Clean Windows Update Local Cache
- Delete Drivers for Specific Device
- Restart Windows Update Service
- Install Last Available Driver
- Check Logs for Direct URL
Step 1: Stop the Windows Update Service
Run the net stop wuauserv command. This will stop the Windows update service.
Step 2: Clean local Windows Update Cache
(1), and execute the following commands in sequence :
- del /s /q %windir%SoftwareSales*.*
- del /s /q %windir%LogsWindows Update*. andtl
Step 3: Delete drivers for a specific device
This step involves uninstalling a specific device driver. Follow these steps,
- Start – Device Manager
- Open the display adapters
- Right-click the device
- Click Uninstall.
- When prompted, make sure the Remove driver for this device option is selected.
- Click OK
- Wait until the driver is uninstalled
- On the Action menu, click Check for Hardware Changes.
- The device now indicates with a yellow mark that a driver could not be found. If an older driver is found and installed, you can also uninstall it and repeat it until only the basic drive remains.
Step 4: Restart Windows Update Service
If the driver has been successfully uninstalled, restart Windows Update Service with the Admin Cmd prompt. Run net start wuauserv.
Step 5: Install the latest available driver
Follow these steps to install the latest available drivers for a device whose drivers were uninstalled in step 3.
- Start – Device Manager
- Right-click the device and click Update Driver Software.
- Click Check Driver Update Automatically.
- Wait until the driver update is complete
Step 6: Check logs for the direct URL
To identify a direct URL for a Windows update driver, you must browse logs in the Windows directory. Follow these steps:
- Open window / Logs / WindowsUpdate
- Open.etl file in your notepad (if there is more than one protocol, open the largest)
- Find files . c a b and find the last match in the file.
- Remove the string spaces to get the URL of the.cab file.
- Delete the.ds regional data center prefix: For example, you get the URL – http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2015/06/200005630_d9e19222b206b4dd6ed9813f790565c2638d0f75.cab.
This is the direct download to your device driver
Source : MSDN blogs.
Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode