RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The Windows 0x80245003 error code is a very dangerous error that appears on your computer. If you try to update your Windows operating system and install one of the Service Packs on your system, this type of error has occurred on your computer. When you try to install updates from the Windows Update website, you receive an error message similar to:
“Error number:0x80245003. Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.”
This behavior occurs because the redirection ID number of the downloaded Wuredir.cab file is lower than the redirection ID number of the %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution\Wuredir.cab file.
If you have received the error code 0x80245003, it means that something is missing in your update.
To correct the error code 0x80245003:
Delete the contents of the DataStore and Downloads folders.
Click on Start, then on Run.
Type cmd in the Open box, then click OK.
At the prompt, type net stop wuauserv, then press ENTER.
Type rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\wuredir, then press ENTER.
Type net start wuauserv, then press ENTER.
Try to reinstall the updates.
Check the WindowsUpdate.log file.
1) Click Start – Click Run, type %windir%, then press Enter.
2) Locate a file called WindowsUpdate.log. Please note that there may be another file called “WindowsUpdate.log”. I ask for the file with no space in the middle of the name.
Stop the Automatic Update Service
Click on Start.
Enter the text file services.msc. in the Run field.
Click on OK.
Right-click on the Automatic Updates service.
Under Service Status, click Stop.
Click on OK.
Update firewall settings
- Click here to start the computer.
- Go to the Windows Start button and click on it to open it.
- Click on the search program and files to open them. Then click on Service in this window.
- Click Run as Administrator. He was then asked to enter your username and password correctly.
- Then scroll down until the windows appear and click Windows Firewall.
- Click Next to open the Startup Type dialog box and select the Automatic button.
- Click on the ok button to complete this process.
- Close the tab page. Restart the computer.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.