RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
the parameters are restored to their original state with VSS.
The downloaded files are automatically scanned according to the file source – web, email, etc. – Files are automatically scanned without manual intervention.
New features in brief:
- Windows Defender in Windows 10 improved tamper protection, registry and folder modification, and hardening of real-time protection services.
- Microsoft has implemented a new technology in Windows 10 that allows Windows Defender to work closely with user account control (UAC) requirements.
- Windows 10 introduces a new secure event tracking for Windows, which is a security application that runs as a protected process that can consume Windows Defender
- Windows Defender in Windows 10 has improved troubleshooting, reporting and malware detection capabilities
- The anti-malware scanning interface supports the session concept so that security products such as Windows Defender can correlate different scanning requirements.
There is no separate option in File context menus to scan downloaded files. If you are using a third-party antivirus program, you can right-click a downloaded file and scan it for viruses. This option is not available if you are not using Windows Defender only. You can also add Windows Defender manually to the context menu or use our free Ultimate Windows Tweaker software.
Microsoft’s blog contains more details. You should take a look at it.
Read now: How to configure Windows Defender in Windows 10.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance