The PlayStation Eye (trade name PLAYSTATION Eye) is a webcam-like digital camera for the PlayStation 3. The technology uses computer vision and gesture recognition to process images captured by the device. This allows the player to interact with the games through motion and color recognition, as well as sound through the built-in microphone array. It is the successor to the EyeToy for the PlayStation 2, which was released in 2003.
The PlayStation Eye was also released as a separate product in the U.S., Europe, and Australia. EyeToy designer Richard Marks said that EyeToy was used as a template for the raw suit design.
Meanwhile, some disgruntled Windows users may not be able to use the webcam even after installing the drivers, because it appears that the drivers were not installed correctly, or there are problems with the drivers in the first place. But don’t worry, because here we present you with a possible workaround that has already worked for many affected Windows users and should work for you too.
What’s the problem with the PlayStation Eye Cam driver Model: SLEH-00448
Either the drivers are not installed correctly, or there is a problem with the drivers at all. The Playstation Eye Cam was originally designed for use with the Playstation 3, but it can also be used with your desktop or laptop as an external webcam. According to Sony, the camera is only designed to be compatible with the Playstation 3, but it is not.
However, when users try to install this camera on their PC or laptop, they run into this problem where they need to install the driver first, and for some reason, the camera doesn’t seem to work even after the driver is installed. Please refer to the instructions below to solve this problem.
How to troubleshoot the driver of the PlayStation Eye Camera: SLEH-00448
If we talk about the model of the eye camera PlayStation: SLEH-00448, it has a power consumption of 5 V, connection via USB 2.0, video recording at 640×480 pixels (maximum) at 60 frames per second, 320×240 pixels at 120 frames per second with a wide-angle lens, built-in microphones, etc. Now we’ve come to the solution: you need to install a third-party webcam driver to make it work properly on your computer.
- Download the CL eye driver for your PC/laptop.
- Once downloaded, navigate to the file and double click on the executable (exe).
- The CL eye driver setup wizard will appear.
- Click “I accept” and follow the on-screen instructions to fully install the driver as usual.
- Once the driver is installed on Windows, you will find the CL-Eye Test application (desktop shortcut) on your desktop.
- Now connect the PlayStation Eye Camera model: SLEH-00448 to your computer.
- Right-click on the CL-Eye Test shortcut and select “Run as administrator”.
- When prompted, click Yes.
- After opening the CL-Eye Test application, your PlayStation Eye Cam should work properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
The PS3 EyeToy can be used with your PC if special drivers are installed. This process only takes a few minutes and will not harm your EyeToy or your computer.
- Connect your PS4 camera to the USB 3.0 port on your PC using the adapter.
- On your computer, go to the Windows Start menu, type "Device Manager" and click on it.
- Under "Other Devices" make sure that "USB Boot" is displayed.
- Then download the Windows driver here to set up and run your PS4 camera.
Connect the USB cable from the PlayStation Eye to one of the USB inputs on the PlayStation 3. The PS3 has two USB inputs on the front of the console and another on the back. If you plan to leave the PlayStation Eye plugged in for an extended period of time, use one of the rear inputs.
In Skype, click Tools > Preferences > Audio Settings > Select PS3 Eye microphone > and then click Save. Don't click Video Settings: if you do, Skype will freeze. Now make an audio call to a friend. Once the audio call is accepted, press the blue button to start the video.