Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
0x87e10bc5 is an error that affects apps downloaded from the Windows Store, indicating that the Windows Store and app files are corrupt. It can also occur if your device is not ready for Windows Store apps. It will display an error message that says Unknown HResult Error code: 0x87e10bc5 and will not allow you to run the apps you downloaded from the Store. The error does not depend on a specific app, but applies to all apps.
This error occurs in Windows 10 users who have installed the Anniversary Update, released on August 2, 2016. The update brought a number of new features to the Windows 10 operating system, but it also disrupted many things for some users, such as downloading and using apps in the Store. You’ll get this error message when you try to launch such an app and can’t get it to run.
What causes the Unknown HResult Error code 0x87e10bc5?
- This error is caused by insufficient disk space.
- This error is caused by a driver compatibility problem.
- This error may be caused by a register problem.
How to repair the Unknown HResult Error code 0x87e10bc5?
Clear the Windows Store cache
- Hold down the Windows icon (bottom left corner) and press the R key at the same time.
- Type WSReset.exe in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Check and configure the date and time
- Right-click the clock icon (bottom right) and select Change date and time settings.
- Make sure the date and time are set correctly. If not, make sure you reset them and click OK.
- Also, check the time zone and reset it if it’s wrong.
- Then restart your computer.
Check your internet connection
Before you blame Windows 10 updates for error 0x87e10bc5, check if your device is connected to the Internet. If you downloaded an app from the Windows Store, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it no longer requires an internet connection. There are hundreds of apps that only work when you’re connected to the Internet.
Investigate your screen resolution
Many apps available on the Windows Store require a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768, not to mention those that go up to 1366 x 768. However, older devices run below this resolution, so you may not be able to download or run some apps.