Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Apple has implemented a new battery management feature on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 that aims to “improve the battery life of your Mac laptop”. While this feature may be useful for most users, some people may want to disable it since it is enabled by default. But before we get started, here’s how the new MacOS battery management works.
Battery management is enabled by default with MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, either on a new MacBook or for users who have upgraded to the latest version of MacOS. Users can disable and enable this feature at any time, just like under iOS.
Battery Health Management is completely optional and can be turned off for those who do not wish to use this feature. Battery protection will be useful for most Mac users, but there may be situations where battery health management is not ideal, such as when you are about to leave home and need maximum battery life, so it is worth knowing how to turn it off and on again.
How to Disable The Battery Health Management on Mac
- Battery health management is an energy-saving function. To turn it off, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the menu bar and select System Preferences.
- Click the “Save Power” button here.
- Now click on the “Battery Status” button in the lower toolbar. Uncheck the “Battery Health Management” option.
- Select the “Disable” button in the confirmation box to confirm.
- Battery Health Management has been disabled on your Mac and is now recharged regularly.
How to check battery status (cycles) and the need for maintenance
Apple also warns that this feature may cause your battery status menu to indicate that service is required – but not necessarily. Learn how to check battery status information.
- While holding down the Option/Alt key, click the Apple icon ( ) in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select the system information (it is not displayed without pressing Option)
- The System Information application opens > Under Hardware, select Power
- Search for health information in the “Battery Information” section
- For a modern MacBook Pro / Air, this number must be less than 1000 cycles (other models/ageing differ)
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.