Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Many Windows users have encountered a strange problem in which they suddenly find themselves unable to run any type of installation program that is normally used to install or uninstall applications. The resulting application error code is 0xc0150004. It turns out that the problem is not limited to a specific version of Windows, as is the case with Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
What is the cause of application error 0xc0150004?
We investigated this particular problem by reviewing various user reports and testing the different repair strategies used by the affected users to bypass this error code. It turns out that several scenarios could lead to the occurrence of 0xc0150004. Here is a short list of potential culprits that could be responsible for this annoying configuration error:
- Overly protective AV suite
- interference by third parties
- Damage to system files
Use of DISM and SFC Scan
On Windows 10, Deployment Image Service and Management (DISM) is a tool for network administrators to prepare, modify, and repair system images, including the Windows Recovery Environment, Windows Setup, and Windows PE (WinPE). However, anyone can also use this tool to solve common problems related to the hidden recovery image on your computer.
If your device has performance problems, does not start up properly, or if you need to troubleshoot problems, you can usually use the System File Checker tool to scan, detect, and replace damaged or missing system files using the locally available recovery image.
- Open Start.
- Locate the command prompt, right-click the highest result and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command to perform a quick health check and press the Enter key
- DISM /Online /Cleanup Image /Check Health
- Enter the following command to perform an extended DISM scan and press the Enter key:
- DISM /Online /Clean Image /ScanHealth
- Type the following command to repair the Windows 10 image, and then press the Enter key
- DISM /Online /Clean Image /Restore Health
Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Package Redistributable
More often than not, failures in this package will cause a problem. Remove it: “Control Panel” => “Programs and Features”, find the Microsoft Visual C ++ line and click “Remove”. After rebooting the operating system, download and install the latest version of the package. Make sure that Windows Update does not contain any updates for your system.
Disable real-time virus protection
- If you have installed a third-party antivirus program, it may conflict with the application startup and installation programs.
- Try disabling the antivirus program to see if this solves the problem.
- If you are using Avast Antivirus, follow these steps.
- Right-click the Avast Antivirus icon in the taskbar.
- Select Avast Shield Control and select Disable for 10 minutes.
- This will temporarily disable the antivirus program.
- In the meantime, try starting the application or installer that caused the error.
Installing Windows Updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click Windows Updates.
- Check for and install any current updates.
Installing Windows helps to correct possible malfunctions and errors in the operating system. Windows Updates also include the latest driver version for your hardware, which may resolve problems with previous driver versions.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.